Leadership?

John Stones is an obvious choice as captain in the future, but right now, with Kompany out, I have no idea. Really lacking a clear leader in this side.

Actually we don't have any players for wearing the arm band in the squad because although arm band looks like an old fasion or ıt's just a sembol, it's meaning very huge in the team ,

If correct player wear the arm band he can effective the team, the competitor, referees and supporters how ever he wants especially in big games ( like last night.)

I think in our squad ,Kompany just can take the band but he is always disabled and in my guess he hasn't effectived the team enough.

And the others are young or they don't have any leader skills Although most of them are star ( silva ,aguero, de bruyne...) That's why im thinking like this.

I hope we'll take a superstar who has the leader skills and effective personalty in summer...

Joe was a leader. Yeah he shouted but he also lead by example. Some of his preformances were key to us winning titles in the past. You cant use Work and Sport in this type of way. Some people play on the edge take Saurez he be playing on a knife edge at times. Feels he has the world against him and he scores goals for fun. I have nothing wrong with players shouting at players we dont know what they are saying to each other. Some players need that type of kick up the arse for them to get back on track. Some of the goals we have concided in the champions league have been comical we can agree on that a leader in that team would be on the case of that player geeing them up to do a lot better we didnt see that yesterday or against Celtic. These players are getting well paid and its sport go onto any sporting field its natural to see people geeing up the players and team mates its what makes it sport and team spirit and a team that fights for each other. Different opions but were lacking it this season so far.

You must have missed all the huge "fuck sake mangala!" or "Savic! Savic! Savic!" shouts over and over again. Very, very clear certain players couldn't stand playing with Joe behind them. Hart was great at lots of things, but inspiring and raising the game of those around him through words certainly wasnt one of them. Hence why I compared him to Rooney. There's a very archaic and English school of thought that to lead you need to get up in people's faces and shout and agitate them. When I began coaching it was a natural default. I quickly learned from those better than me that that is not the way you lead people. And they are completely related to business. People are people. There's good reason sports coaches call in top CEO's to learn how they lead, and companies call in sports coaches to teach it from their pov. I've had long talks with major CEO's of huge, huge companies on the topic, one of whom quit his position for 4 years to go be understudy at a sports team to learn more about people leadership as he felt his way was the wrong way, and this was a man that was hugely successful but lead his people by shouting and agitating. Even with all his success, he knew there was a better way.

If Joe Hart was such a great leader why did 2 of our last 2 managers attempt to offload him?

It makes no difference whether it's sport or business or how much anyone gets paid. When it comes to leadership, it comes down to relationships and your ability to get the best out of those around you. Was Joe a great keeper? Absolutely. Was he inspiring by his performances? Sure was. But once he opened his mouth on the field it wasn't the way to lead. That approach gets old real, real fast.

I've been lucky enough to spend time with coaches who've been at levels as high as Pep and trust me, when it comes to leadership they want enthusiastic people who deliver the message, have genuine respect for those around them and have little ego. There aren't many of those. But the truly great leaders are the Paddy Vieira's, Frank Lampard's and Richard Dunne's.
Mate 2 of the 3 you mentioned would all get onto players around them by shouting. Its not rocket science Hart or any captian or leader would know the best way to get the best out of people around them. A word in the ear or a good old fashioned shouting at them to get them going. Leaders come in all different forms every team will have a mix of different leaders in defence we need this type of leader at times.

You must have missed all the huge "fuck sake mangala!" or "Savic! Savic! Savic!" shouts over and over again. Very, very clear certain players couldn't stand playing with Joe behind them. Hart was great at lots of things, but inspiring and raising the game of those around him through words certainly wasnt one of them. Hence why I compared him to Rooney. There's a very archaic and English school of thought that to lead you need to get up in people's faces and shout and agitate them. When I began coaching it was a natural default. I quickly learned from those better than me that that is not the way you lead people. And they are completely related to business. People are people. There's good reason sports coaches call in top CEO's to learn how they lead, and companies call in sports coaches to teach it from their pov. I've had long talks with major CEO's of huge, huge companies on the topic, one of whom quit his position for 4 years to go be understudy at a sports team to learn more about people leadership as he felt his way was the wrong way, and this was a man that was hugely successful but lead his people by shouting and agitating. Even with all his success, he knew there was a better way.

If Joe Hart was such a great leader why did 2 of our last 2 managers attempt to offload him?
Nonsense,he led the defence to be the best in the prem for 3 yrs until mp dismantled it.,did they hate playing with him then? goalkeepers are supposed to marshall those in front of them,emotion during a game is not a bad thing,if he doesn't get protection from the defenders he has to shout.he can't say i'll put the kettle on and we can have a chat during the game

Undoubtedly it's important to have a leader on the pitch, driving others on. You wouldn't want to slack with a Baresi, Vieira or Keane (spit) snapping at your heels.

Whether they wear the armband is less important.

That said, giving someone like Yaya the captaincy can only send the wrong signals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.