Martyn Margetson....

Maybe he's a much better coach than he was a player? Sometimes the best teachers are the ones that struggled with the subject themselves. Of course, some of the crappest ones are as well :-)

It's fair to say we've had some great keepers and amazing characters play for us over the years.

Of all the incidents that led to our ultimate relegation at Stoke the one I've never forgiven was the sheer lack of professionalism giving the ball straight back to QPR at an indirect free kick for them to score a gift of a tap in (Mike Sheron IIRC). If he'd done that at Under 11s we'd have been screaming! I'm not terribly proud of what I said to him as he left the pitch a week later at the Britannia.

Subbed at half time
Unfortunately his replacement was Officer Dibble, who was only very slightly better than Margetson.

I remember a night game against West Brom, the season before we got relegated at Stoke, we won the game 3-2 but Margetson practically threw a corner into his own net for one of their goals.

Unfortunately his replacement was Officer Dibble, who was only very slightly better than Margetson.

I remember a night game against West Brom, the season before we got relegated at Stoke, we won the game 3-2 but Margetson practically threw a corner into his own net for one of their goals.
Wasn't that at Wolves? Or was that another howler?
Recall being 2 up and they got 2 in a few minutes and we were hanging on for dear life.....

I remember watching him in an end of season game against Everton (maybe around 93 or 94). My God, he was fucking useless. He made Bravo look like Dino Zoff in comparison.
I remember that game he was SHITE. Ellie Simmonds would have done better.

He was a very average keeper and that is being kind. As a previous poster said that howler in the QPR game when he handed the ball to them rather than keep hold of it was unbelievable. I wonder if he had a bet on the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.