Alfie Barker tweet

What the fuck has drink driving got to do with it ? I didn't say his tweet was worse than this that or the other,what i am saying is no football club and certainly not the FA should in any way shape or form have any connection with a low life **** that would post a tweet like that.Hope that clears it up for you,if you have a beef about drink driving involving footballer's take it to a thread that is concerned with that subject please.
Wow. You're an uppity little strumpet aren't you. I asked your opinion because it's interesting to get some perspective.

This prick sent a tweet. He didn't endanger anyone's safety. He didn't break the law. He made an absolute **** of himself though and he got himself the sack. He's also being vilified and right now I'd imagine his life is virtually not worth living, and that's fine because he deserves some of that.

What he doesn't deserve and won't get is a life ban. As pointed out before, some players have actually killed people and spent years in prison without being banned from football for life. To ban someone for life for a tweet would be idiotic. And if you don't think a tweet is worse than drink driving, then why don't we see this outrage every month when another player gets a driving ban?

I'd far rather someone upset me or a member of my family via social media than possibly ran them over whilst over the limit, that's for sure. So if you can't work out why I mentioned drink driving then that's on you.

Wow. You're an uppity little strumpet aren't you. I asked your opinion because it's interesting to get some perspective.

This prick sent a tweet. He didn't endanger anyone's safety. He didn't break the law. He made an absolute **** of himself though and he got himself the sack. He's also being vilified and right now I'd imagine his life is virtually not worth living, and that's fine because he deserves some of that.

What he doesn't deserve and won't get is a life ban. As pointed out before, some players have actually killed people and spent years in prison without being banned from football for life. To ban someone for life for a tweet would be idiotic. And if you don't think a tweet is worse than drink driving, then why don't we see this outrage every month when another player gets a driving ban?

I'd far rather someone upset me or a member of my family via social media than possibly ran them over whilst over the limit, that's for sure. So if you can't work out why I mentioned drink driving then that's on you.

Thank God for the voice of reason.

What he did was totally unacceptable, of that there is no doubt, but the reaction is ridiculous. Social media has a lot to answer for when the majority of people are now reacting to a tweet in this way.

He said something abhorrent to most people, but that was it, there are far more pressing concerns for the world as a whole right now, perhaps we should focus our collective energies on them?

Is everybody here is genuinely as outraged and disgusted as they say they are? I probably say worse things a couple of times a week.
The mistake he maid is airing it on twitter and he's a fucking wanker for directing it at the guy. People calling for a lifetime ban and for his mobile number to be passed about? Get a grip

He's made a vile comment on a tragedy that nobody should have to experience. Poking fun out of the mis fortune of losing a child and you say worse on a regular basis?

I'm going to have to ignore you from now on as this isn't the 1st time ive read a comment of yours posted on here and thought that you're a complete dickhead attention seeker.

He's made a vile comment on a tragedy that nobody should have to experience. Poking fun out of the mis fortune of losing a child and you say worse on a regular basis?

I'm going to have to ignore you from now on as this isn't the 1st time ive read a comment of yours posted on here and thought that you're a complete dickhead attention seeker.

Yes, i've worse in the company of friends. And? You're telling me you don't laugh at anything other people wouldn't find appropriate? I could scroll through your posts and pick something somebody somewhere would find offensive i guarantee you.

And for your last sentence I think you have me confused with somebody else.

Yes, i've worse in the company of friends. And? You're telling me you don't laugh at anything other people wouldn't find appropriate? I could scroll through your posts and pick something somebody somewhere would find offensive i guarantee you.

And for your last sentence I think you have me confused with somebody else.

And? We're not talking about some old school gag about race, gender or disability which were accepted in years gone by and are still heard to this day but aren't as widely accepted.

It's a comment about something that I imagine near enough 100% of us can empathise with and would never even think it'd be funny to even think about, never mind comment on to anybody including friends.

If a mate of mine said anything in jest about something like that he'd not get a laugh out of me and I'd feel a bit sorry for him for feeling he has to go to that level for a laugh.

I'm not lighting a candle or anything but poking fun or making vile comments about something like that I cannot get my head around and you claim to do worse regularly....

Agreed. The voice of reason...Except the 'uppity little strumpet' line, which sounded to me like you want to have bumsex with him. :)

And? We're not talking about some old school gag about race, gender or disability which were accepted in years gone by and are still heard to this day but aren't as widely accepted.

It's a comment about something that I imagine near enough 100% of us can empathise with and would never even think it'd be funny to even think about, never mind comment on to anybody including friends.

If a mate of mine said anything in jest about something like that he'd not get a laugh out of me and I'd feel a bit sorry for him for feeling he has to go to that level for a laugh.

I'm not lighting a candle or anything but poking fun or making vile comments about something like that I cannot get my head around and you claim to do worse regularly....

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it of course. Im not saying miscarriages are funny, just like murder, racism, rape arent funny. But have i heard good jokes about racism? Yep. Jokes on the subject of rape that have made me laugh? Yep. Comedy is subjective, but nothing is out of bounds in my opinion.
Theres a huge difference between laughing at a family who have suffered and making a joke in the right setting. I can guarantee 99% of people on here have laughed at or made jokes about terrible subjects, but thats what people do. Laughing in the face of adversity and all that

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it of course. Im not saying miscarriages are funny, just like murder, racism, rape arent funny. But have i heard good jokes about racism? Yep. Jokes on the subject of rape that have made me laugh? Yep. Comedy is subjective, but nothing is out of bounds in my opinion.
Theres a huge difference between laughing at a family who have suffered and making a joke in the right setting. I can guarantee 99% of people on here have laughed at or made jokes about terrible subjects, but thats what people do. Laughing in the face of adversity and all that

Fair enough and I agree about jokes. But this wasn't a joke, it was a comment made directly to Harry Arter.

The kind of comment that you claim to make regular in the right company.

That doesn't sit right with me. It's not funny or even normal in my opinion to come out with comments of that nature about something as emotional or as tragic as the death of a baby.

Gags or comments about awful events such as say the holocaust, 911, slavery or even hillsborough for example are usually made off the cuff and the vast majority of us have very little empathy because it didn't and more importantly can't affect us so some people will find them funny.

But those events happened years ago and like I've said didn't and can't have an impact on the majority of us and are in no way the same as making a comment or a joke about the death of a kid which we can all at least empathise with.

I can't think of something more tragic for a human being to go through so I'm at a loss as to what depths you go to for a gag between friends but like you say comedy is subjective and one persons mis fortune is another's inspiration for a cheap laugh.

Fair enough and I agree about jokes. But this wasn't a joke, it was a comment made directly to Harry Arter.

The kind of comment that you claim to make regular in the right company.

That doesn't sit right with me. It's not funny or even normal in my opinion to come out with comments of that nature about something as emotional or as tragic as the death of a baby.

Gags or comments about awful events such as say the holocaust, 911, slavery or even hillsborough for example are usually made off the cuff and the vast majority of us have very little empathy because it didn't and more importantly can't affect us so some people will find them funny.

But those events happened years ago and like I've said didn't and can't have an impact on the majority of us and are in no way the same as making a comment or a joke about the death of a kid which we can all at least empathise with.

I can't think of something more tragic for a human being to go through so I'm at a loss as to what depths you go to for a gag between friends but like you say comedy is subjective and one persons mis fortune is another's inspiration for a cheap laugh.
I remember a year or two after the death of Matthew,our week old son,someone made a joke in the pub,in front of me regarding a babies death.There was a sudden hush and the joker couldn`t understand why it didn`t get a laugh,until one of my mates pointed out "do you not recall what happened to Oakie and his Family last year ?"
The twat didn`t know where to put his face.He was lucky that it wasn`t in front of my knuckles.Suffice to say he apologised,bought me a drink and I warned him about such jokes as he would have no idea as to who he would be offending.
We all laugh at various jokes,religion,politics,disabilities and I even laugh at my own disability and age,because I can give as good as I get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.