Guns n Roses

I like "You Could be Mine".

"With your woman slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue, you get nothing done.... you could be mine",

Love singing that silently to myself as I lech over the local slappers.

"Take me down to Manchester City where the grass is green and the footballs pretty". Sheer bloody poetry ...

Loved them on first hearing Sweet Child O' Mine ... thought it was the best Aerosmith song they hadn't done .... (Proper pre-clean up 'Smiffs)

First album is a bna fide classic, and Illusion had been made a single album would have matched it, but still find Axl's voice to really grate at times for me. As for his diva bollox, that just ruined the band .... four hours late when they played Maine Road, and when they did come on, he couldn't be arsed singing most lines .... we all fucked off back to The Phoenix ....

Its easy to slag a band off 30 years after they first came out and after everyone imitated them, i bet at the time they were amazing. Can't listen to them anymore now though, been overplayed to death

In the words of Simon Amstell...

Guns N' Roses used to be cool, until Nirvana came along and made them look like gay pirates.

Lies and Appetite for Destruction were superb, not so keen on anything after though.

One in a Million is probably my favourite GnR track, regardless of the rather contentious lyrics, which Axl claimed were actually a swipe at racists and bigots

Got bought a ticket for chrimbo for their show at slane in may,good back in the day but i am a bit worried that just before the show that dick axel will fuck of home because his ice cubes were not kept at the right temperature,he can be a **** that way

"Take me down to Manchester City where the grass is green and the footballs pretty". Sheer bloody poetry ...

Loved them on first hearing Sweet Child O' Mine ... thought it was the best Aerosmith song they hadn't done .... (Proper pre-clean up 'Smiffs)

First album is a bna fide classic, and Illusion had been made a single album would have matched it, but still find Axl's voice to really grate at times for me. As for his diva bollox, that just ruined the band .... four hours late when they played Maine Road, and when they did come on, he couldn't be arsed singing most lines .... we all fucked off back to The Phoenix ....

That's after Axl blew out the original gig. Should've been on the 9th of June but was rearranged for the 14th.I remember because I booked the day off work. I was in the Kippax. Underwhelming gig. Some pics here.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/47142214@N00/sets/72157602032851658/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.