May and the missile

Was at the autec range as well when we got hit by a yank test torpedo; I was closed up in the tiller flat with the club swinger. I heard both olympus gas turbines start running up, then the ship started judding like fuck as it went full speed, then heard over the tannoy "Stand by for collision aft; torpedo inbound" Never taken so many clips off a door so fast. It was a loud bang when it hit, it put a dint in the side which we went into Key West to get fixed - extra weeks leave. Winner.

And people think the odd missile going on a tangent is news lol,
I was on the bridge when the practice bomb hit us it punched a hole right thru the flight deck and took out a wafus mess (they was the ones injured, who'd a thunk it wafus in their pits in the afternoon) luckily just the 1lb detonator charge went off as it came to rest a couple of decks up from the avcat tanks, all I remember was a loud booom then the navigator shouting 'the daft bastards hit us' was told later if the main charge had gone off it would've ignited the avcat and snapped the ship in half so it's a good job some of the stuff don't work sometimes ha

I was on the bridge when the practice bomb hit us it punched a hole right thru the flight deck and took out a wafus mess (they was the ones injured, who'd a thunk it wafus in their pits in the afternoon) luckily just the 1lb detonator charge went off as it came to rest a couple of decks up from the avcat tanks, all I remember was a loud booom then the navigator shouting 'the daft bastards hit us' was told later if the main charge had gone off it would've ignited the avcat and snapped the ship in half so it's a good job some of the stuff don't work sometimes ha
Skimmers still easy targets then :)

May and the missile crisis.

article-1357224-00297C8300000258-296_634x425.jpg

Nice to know spending all those billions we can sleep secure in our beds

I just remembered this now. Had a friend who was in the mess at the time, was on the Aircraft controllers course with him. Kev Bridge (i think) ex coalminer from Nottinham. Told me all the wafu were running out whilst all the stokers in the attack party were all trying to run in.

I've just remembered another one; this was in the Bootnecks grot. They fired a live grenade from a rifle; luckly just set some bedding on fire. Just had these marines running out of the mess shouting 'Grenade!'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.