Scouser Nails Modern Football - & It's the Same with Us

Funny how Liverpool fans (and you hear this from rags as well) getting bored with "modern football" coincides with a downturn in performances on the pitch.

Nail on the head! Football is definitely not what it used to be!

Loved him saying the swamp is "like a library". Don't suppose they'll be quoting that in any of the media.

I liked his point " soon you wont hear a scouse voice " music to my ears. Joking apart thought the kid pretty much nailed it.

He could have been describing the Etihad to be fair.

Football isn't the same anymore

He could have been describing the Etihad to be fair.

Football isn't the same anymore
My son loves football and going to games just as much as I did when I was 15. Yes its changed some of its better some worse. But nothing was as great as we remember it back in the day. On the whole I prefer now to the seventies and eighties.
page1image8260

Exactly my point. If the other 80% does their job then the atmosphere should not be affected by the tourists.
It's physically impossible to belt out a good song from a sitting position. Need to be standing to fill the lungs adequately. Pricing, standing and something to get excited for on the pitch are the ingredients. Germany have it spot on

I think the reason I still go is because I love City and not because I love football.

I struggle to watch a full MOTD these days, in fact, I just can't stand the media element in general. I never ever watch the before or after match analysis, even for our games.

I think there's an older generation who are 50+ who still go because it's all they've known and then another who are say 30+ who got taken to games in the 90's with their dad and just carried on going. I think when that 50+ generation is no longer with us then there may be a big gap that isn't filled.

I am exactly the same. Love City been going since I was 2 and I am now 50. However, I don't tend to watch other teams too much nowadays in the TV. Used to watch everything that was on and loved it. It's too corporate, too polished, with mostly fuckwits presenting or sat in the chairs as pundits. It ain't me anymore..... I will watch city until the day I die and beyond if possible, but I worry for the future of the game as a whole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.