Yaya contract

Been good of late. Been good for the club. Club been good for him. He goes! Can easily turn back to the petulant player he was 5months ago. No passengers on the ship!

I'd have no qualms about offering him a new one-year deal on reduced terms. He's got himself fit and has shown this season that he's still capable of playing at the top level. If Guardiola thinks he merits a contract extension that'd be good enough for me.

Been good of late. Been good for the club. Club been good for him. He goes! Can easily turn back to the petulant player he was 5months ago. No passengers on the ship!
That's an understatement, he's certainly in the top three most important players ever to play for the club, maybe top2, maybe the most important!

I'd have no qualms about offering him a new one-year deal on reduced terms. He's got himself fit and has shown this season that he's still capable of playing at the top level. If Guardiola thinks he merits a contract extension that'd be good enough for me.

reduced terms - why would he & Seluk accept them? It's still Yaya & Seluk after all and they'd make a summer's worth of bad press about not getting what they want.
Got himself fit - he should never have been unfit in the first place, it's just unprofessional and as soon as he's not guaranteed his place again he'll give up.
he's still capable - yes, but he's still not a patch on what he was and still leaves us exposed defensively. I don't want a midfielder who's still capable, I want one who over 5 years will grow into the top level midfielder and help turn the team into something better.

and whilst Pep has final say he shouldn't on this, because it smells of him continuing to turn back to Yaya because he knows him and is Yaya, rather than moving on and being forced to pick a younger player and actually build our team for the next 5 years. Until the day comes when Pep turns to the bench and sees an established first-teamer and an A Garcia/Foden and picks the kid to come on, then we have to make the decision for him imo. He's not lived up to his side of the bargain on that this season and he simply has to, Yaya is just another obstacle particularly when nobody accepts he would be first choice and would actually get us closer to where Pep wants us to be, because fact is he is a temporary patch-up job and can't do the whole job a Pep CM needs to be able to do.

I don't want yet another half-arsed, past it over-paid first-teamer sitting on the bench when it should be a youngster Pep should be giving experience to. At Barca he wasn't given endless 30+ outfield players to sit on the bench, he was given a stellar first team and Barca B to choose from.

reduced terms - why would he & Seluk accept them? It's still Yaya & Seluk after all and they'd make a summer's worth of bad press about not getting what they want.
Got himself fit - he should never have been unfit in the first place, it's just unprofessional and as soon as he's not guaranteed his place again he'll give up.
he's still capable - yes, but he's still not a patch on what he was and still leaves us exposed defensively. I don't want a midfielder who's still capable, I want one who over 5 years will grow into the top level midfielder and help turn the team into something better.

and whilst Pep has final say he shouldn't on this, because it smells of him continuing to turn back to Yaya because he knows him and is Yaya, rather than moving on and being forced to pick a younger player and actually build our team for the next 5 years. Until the day comes when Pep turns to the bench and sees an established first-teamer and an A Garcia/Foden and picks the kid to come on, then we have to make the decision for him imo. He's not lived up to his side of the bargain on that this season and he simply has to, Yaya is just another obstacle particularly when nobody accepts he would be first choice and would actually get us closer to where Pep wants us to be, because fact is he is a temporary patch-up job and can't do the whole job a Pep CM needs to be able to do.

I don't want yet another half-arsed, past it over-paid first-teamer sitting on the bench when it should be a youngster Pep should be giving experience to. At Barca he wasn't given endless 30+ outfield players to sit on the bench, he was given a stellar first team and Barca B to choose from.

I'm all for giving chances to as many kids as possible, but I think it's important to hold on to one or two experienced winners if we can, & if you look at the squad & how many are likely leaving, plus the injury situation to VK & the inconsistent/strange form of Aguero, a few twists of fortune & we could quickly find that only Silva is left from the original squad.

Yaya has come trough a very difficult period in his life & imo, apart from a yard of pace, is playing as well as he ever has (he's always been unreliable defensively & needs a team functioning around him in that area). Yes, he shouldn't have got into such a bad condition, but his brother died, his wanker of an agent saw a opportunity to influence him & he was playing under a weak & clueless manager, who couldn't pick a team without him in it.

Pep would have sorted it.

If he maintains this form, it makes no sense to get rid of him, unless his place is taken by a very special player. If we have such a player lined up, then Yaya probably won't get an offer anyway. But if not, sacking him for the sake of it, doesn't make sense imo.

Play him in goal, he is a far better passer than Bravo and can't be a worse shot stopper.

He has earned a new deal, if has agent can be reasonable regarding terms. I think he has played his way back into our starting 11.

I've said it time and again, I was 100% Yaya out after his agents verbal diahreea in the summer, but since Pep brought him back in the fold he's amazed me game after game. There's not many better than this man at recycling possession.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.