Yaya contract

I'm all for giving chances to as many kids as possible, but I think it's important to hold on to one or two experienced winners if we can, & if you look at the squad & how many are likely leaving, plus the injury situation to VK & the inconsistent/strange form of Aguero, a few twists of fortune & we could quickly find that only Silva is left from the original squad.

Yaya has come trough a very difficult period in his life & imo, apart from a yard of pace, is playing as well as he ever has (he's always been unreliable defensively & needs a team functioning around him in that area). Yes, he shouldn't have got into such a bad condition, but his brother died, his wanker of an agent saw a opportunity to influence him & he was playing under a weak & clueless manager, who couldn't pick a team without him in it.

Pep would have sorted it.

If he maintains this form, it makes no sense to get rid of him, unless his place is taken by a very special player. If we have such a player lined up, then Yaya probably won't get an offer anyway. But if not, sacking him for the sake of it, doesn't make sense imo.

This. Why pass up the opportunity to secure a great player in good form? If the price is right I'd offer him a 1 year extension in a heartbeat

The guy is a legend, one of the true greats to have pulled on the sky blue shirt.

So pleased he has come back and playing like a man possessed. He looks happy, extremely fit and loving his football.

One year extension, low basic, but very large bonuses for playing, goals etc.

I'd give him a year's contract but with a clause that says if he exceeds a certain weight and/or doesn't meet certain standards of fitness he doesn't get paid.

The early season shenanigans were entirely avoidable and we can't afford to subsidise the lifestyle of an unfit Yaya

I think if we play our cards right we will get Yaya signed up for another year. I wouldnt be shocked if we give him some sort of role within the club when he retires a ambassador role. A legend of a player for us over the years. Not too sure he would do a coaching role but ambassador would fit him. Get him on reduced terms for a final year contract. He claims it isnt about money for him. If we offer him a extension of the year at the end of the season then so be it. As long as Pep wants him I be happy. Has scored some goals this season again still a good player to have around and depending on how well Gundogan recovers from his injury to have Yaya 1 more year is a no brainer for me. We have fresh legs in midfield out wide and hopefully in the summer we will sort out the full backs and defence too.

Not for me. We're getting a great season out of him, after two when he seemed to not give a damn. I want him to go out on the current high. Use the squad space on a new hero. It's time to wave affectionate and not so affectionate goodbye to a lot of the squad and rebuild.

Seems like a different man with a new attitude. He really is a fantastic player still. Cant do those lung bursting runs any more but his range of passing is incredible. ALWAYS looks to go forward as well. I wanted us to get rid in the summer but if he carries on like this, i think it would be hard for us to not give him another year.

He has served us well with some amazing performances & fabulous goals that I will always remember.

Thank you very much for everything you have done.

Got to move forward.

My previous post on Yaya when he or agent were being complete tools.

He has been a fantastic since his return, in fact a totally different person and integral part to us winning games.

My attitude hasn't changed I think it's time to bite the bullet!

It's already been posed on here about the breaking up of the old guard and we need to move on.

The hardest part for me is moving on because who is available that is young & good enough to take city forward.

He is going to be very hard to replace if we do let him go. None of our midfielders are anywhere near his level for me and that includes the much lauded Fernandinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.