What if we struggle next season?

Yes.....what if next season is a bad one but the one after that is a fantastic one and then the one after that is only average??????.

I think those who are the most disappointed are those who swallowed the hype about Pep, which is their own fault. You can probably spot them in the "where will we finish" type threads before the season started.

Nothing wrong with having high hopes but, for some, that has turned to expectation. No-one, not even the mythical being the media created was ever going to turn last season's team into Champions with a transfer policy, quite rightly in my opinion, that has focused on the long-term. Only time will tell us if it pays off.

But, like any investment strategy, it is a gamble. If it pays off it will set us years in advance of other clubs. If it doesn't, we change plans because, over the last few years, our owners and managers have created the platform from which we can do that. Something not many clubs have.

Risk-takers will love it. The more cautious will be permanently anxious.

Who cares if we don't win anything next season when Pep is clearly building a young side that has the potential to dominate for years. We hired pep for the long term benefits he will bring to this club (and that doesn't mean he will be here long term)

Stones, Gundogan, Sane, Jesus, Sterling... all fantatastic players under 25. I reckon we will see 3-4 more fantastic young players come this summer and I expect actually it may take another season before it starts bearing real fruit.

I did expect more this season but that's not citys fault it's my own. On reflection you can see the team isn't good enough to win the league. Too much dead wood and has beens which will be shipped out this summer. Too many people think we have the god given right to win the league every season but it just doesnt happen. If we win the FA cup that's another big trophy in the cabinet and i'd say it'd be a good season overall and something to build upon.

I'm a massive pep fan.
But if this time next year we were in the same position do you think Pepsi job would be under threat.
Been having a heated discussion with a bloke at work about it.
He thinks we would sack him.
I say we wouldn't.

Its a bit stupid IMO to even be having this conversation prior to the first summer transfer window and I very much doubt we will be in this position as we have seen glimpses of what Pep is expecting to achieve.

If we are though, we simply get up, dust ourselves down and carry on (and that will be with Pep - nonsense to think otherwise)

I think we all can agree the season did promise a bit more than it's giving right now but to say it's disappointing or bad is just wrong.

I think we have to see where we finish before asking this question. the cup is not a certainly and neither is a CL place. we have fucked up good and proper. not just the defence, or the attack, not even just the manager, everyone involved have fallen short.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.