Obesity in uk

I'm not a fan at all of this idea of blaming schools for everything. If your kid is fat, that's on you, not on the school. People need to start taking more responsibility for their own kids. We never had all this extra PE at school and we weren't all fat little bastards.

Stop feeding them shit, don't just buy them a games console instead of doing any actual parenting and make them go outside and do some activities. It's lazy parents who have fat kids

Agreed..lots of people just seem to think there parenting responsibilities end as soon as they can stick a satchel on their kids back

As a kid me and my mates used to play footy before school, at dinner and after school and we were always out and about until the parents dragged us in. Personally kids only have so much concentration I would do all the academic stuff in the morning and afternoon sports cooking and basic stuff with your hands. How much stuff did we learn at school was even relevant or we forgot about as soon as we got in the real world.

In the good old days us kids walked everywhere,4 mile round trip to school every day,plus p,e at school,parent said no and meant no so we couldn't stuff our faces with sweets,that alone would stop kids putting on weight,i hate seeing fat kids and fat parents claiming they feed them los of fruit and veg,the kids are in for a lifetime of dieting as an adult

Agreed..lots of people just seem to think there parenting responsibilities end as soon as they can stick a satchel on their kids back
Responsible parents should surely fill their kids satchels to bulging point with newspapers to deliver like many kids did in yesteryear. To earn a few quid and respect money and not take it to be spoon fed lifes pleasures and junk food like today's Kids mostly are.

I'm not a fan at all of this idea of blaming schools for everything. If your kid is fat, that's on you, not on the school. People need to start taking more responsibility for their own kids. We never had all this extra PE at school and we weren't all fat little bastards.

Stop feeding them shit, don't just buy them a games console instead of doing any actual parenting and make them go outside and do some activities. It's lazy parents who have fat kids
Both my kids (now 34 and 31) have been active all their lives, beginning with gymnastics (the eldest got to a national final at 8yo) and then on to Stockport Harriers until they were well into their teens. Me? I ended up coaching at both, but now the only thing athletic about me is my feet! I packed in playing squash around 10 years ago (I'm now 67). Both still have very active lifestyles - my eldest goes to a gym 4 - 5 times a week, and does 5 mile runs, whereas my youngest, who is due to give birth next week, went swimming twice last week, doing 40 lengths each time.

I know it's difficult to get kids involved in keeping fit, due to all the external attractions there are to keep them sedentary, but just involve yourself in the activity. If they see mum or dad doing it, they rise to the challenge. It's not hard (it is now!), and you also help others, which is what life's about.

Let's be honest, it is a lot harder for parents now when there's a prevalence of smartphones, tablets, consoles and TVs with every channel a child could conceivably want. As a child I had none of that and the TVs had 4 channels which were mainly shit, there really wasn't much choice but to go out and play with your friends.
Now there's all this choice and we're all so scared; scared of paedos, scared of terrorists, scared of our own shadows, we wrap our kids up in cotton wool.

It is up to parents to put in more effort. My 2 year old clearly gets way more enjoyment just from going into the garden to look for 'beasties' than watching TV or tapping an iPad. It just means not taking the easy route all the time, I'm convinced kids still enjoy traditional activities the most, they've just become the social media generation because it's the easiest option unfortunately.

But Tristan and Tamara require dropping off at the school gates every day in Mummy's Evoque

Also why do supermarkets have Mother and Child parking bays right next to the entrance, let them park on the other side of the carpark, so when they come out after shopping munching the chocolate bars and crisps they can burn off the calories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.