Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid at work who's a united fan said he looked really good, when I pointed out the error for the first goal he even defended it.

People will criticise but forget De Gea looked suspect in his first season with United, and let a lot of long range goals in, and now look at him, easily United's best player.

Think I'm going to have more heart attacks with Ederson, but strangely, I feel more confident with him in goal.

It's to be expected that he will make some mistakes when the season starts, he's the type of keeper who commits 100% and at his age it's bound to go wrong once in a while. Unlike Bravo he's got age on his side though, so hopefully people will be patient with him.

Scared shitless of us but they would nevr admit it
I think he meant Jackson.

I have seen a fair few United supporters having a go at him as a sensationalist—those are the more levelheaded ones, though.

Ederson showed enough last night and he will be great keeper for us , he will be prone to the odd mistake due to our high defensive line formation , but i reckon if that was a competitive match with Lukatme coming towards him Ederson would have taken man ball and everything , he pulled out at the last minute because what is the point in getting clattered in a ManUtdPLC publicity stunt tour game .

Thought he looked good. Yes, he made a split second misjudgment coming out for the ball with the goal - but rather that than someone that hides on his line for fear of making a mistake.

Thought he looked good. Yes, he made a split second misjudgment coming out for the ball with the goal - but rather that than someone that hides on his line for fear of making a mistake.

Correct. I have more faith that a decisive goalkeeper can learn to make the right decisions than an indecisive goalkeeper can learn to be decisive.

I think i'll reserve judgement on him until a little further on in his City career. Much further than, for example, his first mistake on his debut in a pre season friendly.

Do you remember David Silva's debut by any chance?

I remember another keeper making a mistake in his first game ( derby as well).....we were all told he would grow...pep replaced him 2/3s of the way through the season and played Caballero instead.

Neuer has landed Bayern in the shit many times doing stuff like that, it's the price you pay for having a sweeper keeper.. Pep will encourage it more, but will criticise his judgment of Lukakus pace.

Pep may well encourage it...doesnt make it right....you give easy goals away like that in the prem league and you wont win it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.