Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't still be there. He'd be at Arsenal or Utd or Spurs or maybe even Bayern Munich.

We paid money for him. Now we, or someone else, will have to pay a lot more, or ic there are no takers, he might change his demands.

Either way, he owes us nothing. We bought him.
He owes us more faith... we bought him at 14 and nurtured him to the point he's at now, as I said in my last post he's more our player than Sterling was Liverpools without a doubt but we wont be booing him whatever he decides... we can be disappointed though.

I see that he has heaped twitter praise on his mate playing for Arsenal on tour (fair enough), but not said well done to Foden yet.

He wouldn't still be there. He'd be at Arsenal or Utd or Spurs or maybe even Bayern Munich.

We paid money for him. Now we, or someone else, will have to pay a lot more, or ic there are no takers, he might change his demands.

Either way, he owes us nothing. We bought him.
There's no arguments over which is the better scenario but not every player coming through will be a City fan nor do they need to be... it does feel nice to hear it though. :)

He owes us more faith... we bought him at 14 and nurtured him to the point he's at now, as I said in my last post he's more our player than Sterling was Liverpools without a doubt but we wont be booing him whatever he decides... we can be disappointed though.

Why would he have faith when players who were starring at his age, didn't even get 5 mins of Prem football ?

Imo Pep playing Foden, & then biggng him up, is the first bit of real decent PR for the academy, in years.

It even gives me a bit of hope, when I was at the stage of chucking in even reading threads about it.

Why would he have faith when players who were starring at his age, didn't even get 5 mins of Prem football ?

Imo Pep playing Foden, & then biggng him up, is the first bit of real decent PR for the academy, in years.

It even gives me a bit of hope, when I was at the stage of chucking in even reading threads about it.
We haven't really had players good enough to bring through though(aside from Kelechi IMO), he's a new breed and he's been told by Pep and the staff they see a future for him here that's where the faith comes in... Foden, Brahim, Sancho are a new level for the academy ones that have a chance of making it. You could point to last season but lets be fair it was a bit of a disaster at times and we were never really in a comfortable position form wise(struggling for consistency) to be concentrating on bringing youth through we were struggling enough to get the pros playing the system up to scratch.

We haven't really had players good enough to bring through, he's a new breed and he's been told by Pep and the staff they see a future for him here... Foden, Brahim, Sancho are a new level for the academy ones that have a chance of making it. You could point to last season but lets be fair it was a bit of a disaster and we were never really in a comfortable position league wise to be concentrating on bringing youth through we were struggling enough to get the pros playing the system up to scratch.

No. He is 'possibly' better than the lads we had in the past. Not definitely. Have look at some of the football our kids were playing 3-4 years ago. Imo the u19 side then, would beat the one from last season.

And it's not Sancho's problem whatever excuse we come up with for failling to reward excellent perfomance at youth level, it's City's problem, to change the perception of our system, when other clubs are desperately kedn to undermine it.

Foden is a big step. As is Roberts & Tosin. Give them more time on the pitch, & bring some more in.

We haven't really had players good enough to bring through though(aside from Kelechi IMO), he's a new breed and he's been told by Pep and the staff they see a future for him here that's where the faith comes in... Foden, Brahim, Sancho are a new level for the academy ones that have a chance of making it. You could point to last season but lets be fair it was a bit of a disaster at times and we were never really in a comfortable position form wise(struggling for consistency) to be concentrating on bringing youth through we were struggling enough to get the pros playing the system up to scratch.
This, we couldn't be playing 17 year olds when we were struggling to make the top 4

I thought Arsenal were strongly linked with him? Not sure if his wages elsewhere will be as high as we'd offer him. I think this is a homesick for London and pathway to first team move.

Well if its true he is home sick he probably would take less money and go to Arsenal and start every game in europa league

No. He is 'possibly' better than the lads we had in the past. Not definitely. Have look at some of the football our kids were playing 3-4 years ago. Imo the u19 side then, would beat the one from last season.

And it's not Sancho's problem whatever excuse we come up with for failling to reward excellent perfomance at youth level, it's City's problem, to change the perception of our system, when other clubs are desperately kedn to undermine it.

Foden is a big step. As is Roberts & Tosin. Give them more time on the pitch, & bring some more in.
Who in particular do you think would have made it? Lopes, that lad who went back to barca? I'd have liked them both to stay to be fair but they haven't yet made names for themselves(hope they do) so the grass maybe isn't always greener. The homesickness we can't really do much about but I have a feeling he's been advised to say that by those around him(agent/family) so he can leave on good terms. Like I said it will be a shame but if his heart isn't in making it at City maybe it is for the best, I don't have the feeling we've not tried to keep hold of him so that will take the sting off it if he makes it elsewhere.

I don't know anyway, I realise this season Pep will be under a lot of pressure and has to win something so the best we can hope for is we get off to a blinding start and get ourselves in a comfortable position league wise. If we were in Chelsea's position were, we'd have probably used a lot more youth last season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.