Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
No team is going to play him yet, he's nowhere near ready. His decision making is poor even at EDS level, so I can't imagine he really thinks this is his year. Seems more like just one of those players chasing money early, we only signed him a couple of years ago and he's already got itchy feet.

Who in particular do you think would have made it? Lopes, that lad who went back to barca?

I don't know anyway, I realise this season Pep will be under a lot of pressure and has to win something so the best we can hope for is we get off to a blinding start and get ourselves in a comfortable position league wise. If we were in Chelsea's position were, we'd have probably used a lot more youth last season.

No idea who would have made it tbh. Neither had Pellegrini. I just know that the excuse of players leaving City & doing nothing special elsewhere, is a convenient thing to hide behind & mask the failure of our academy.

We have had most of the best talent for years imo. And killed most of it.

I can't believe that goes unnoticed amongst parents/agents etc who have followed it, even if so many on here can't see it.

I think players like Kean Bryan, for example, would have gone straight into Utd's first team squad, under Ferguson. Jack Byrne without a shadow of a doubt, Maffeo, even Devante Cole & such maligned players of the past would have got a game.

I think it's well over double figures in kids who could have played, in addition to those who briefly did.

If that's harmful, then I wonder how the rags won so many titles & how on earth Pep managed to win everything whilst giving Bojan 100 games for Barca.

Hopefully Foden is the beginning of a new era & Sanchos of the future will EXPECT to be given game time at 18-19 if they are excelling the year before.

No idea who would have made it tbh. Neither had Pellegrini. I just know that the excuse of players leaving City & doing nothing special elsewhere, is a convenient thing to hide behind & mask the failure of our academy.

We have had most of the best talent for years imo. And killed most of it.

I can't believe that goes unnoticed amongst parents/agents etc who have followed it, even if so many on here can't see it.

I think players like Kean Bryan, for example, would have gone straight into Utd's first team squad, under Ferguson. Jack Byrne without a shadow of a doubt, Maffeo, even Devante Cole & such maligned players of the past would have got a game.

I think it's well over double figures in kids who could have played, in addition to those who briefly did.

If that's harmful, then I wonder how the rags won so many titles & how on earth Pep managed to win everything whilst giving Bojan 100 games for Barca.

Hopefully Foden is the beginning of a new era & Sancho's of the future will EXPECT to be given game time at 18-19 if they are excelling the year before.
It's the manager who picks the team though ultimately and we now have a different manager who's brought many players through at top clubs, also can we blame the academy when they can't make those decisions?

I hope we are the first team top4 team to start doing it regularly, it's not like anyone else is doing it with any consistency these days, it's nothing like the Fergie era now, the landscape has changed. It would annoy so many of our detractors to see us do that, a team stocked with City fans at the top of their game from our own academy.

Last edited:
No. He is 'possibly' better than the lads we had in the past. Not definitely. Have look at some of the football our kids were playing 3-4 years ago. Imo the u19 side then, would beat the one from last season.

And it's not Sancho's problem whatever excuse we come up with for failling to reward excellent perfomance at youth level, it's City's problem, to change the perception of our system, when other clubs are desperately kedn to undermine it.

Foden is a big step. As is Roberts & Tosin. Give them more time on the pitch, & bring some more in.
I agree but I also don't blame city, we need a b team like they do in Spain, the manager is under huge pressure to get results and therefore would rather play an experienced international then an unproven young player you can't blame him as every match is important people saying oh he could at least put them on the bench needs to think about whose spot they are taking and how they will feel about not even being on the bench. Every player wants to play every minute of every match. Young players need match time before they can fulfil their potential but big clubs need they to have fulfilled their potential before they can give they minutes. It's a really difficult problem to solve and I can't blame jadon for looking for greener pastures as with every 40mil signing he is further away from first team football. Hopefully he stays I really think pep will look to integrate jadon, fodan and diaz and establish them as squad players before he leaves.

It's the manager who picks the team though ultimately and we have a manager who's brought many players through at top clubs, can we blame the academy for that when they can't make those decisions?

No I don't blame the academy at all, I blame, mainly, Mancini & Pellegrini.

I don't believe for one second, the premise often used on here, that the academy coaches have told managers a player isn't upto it, to get a chance. I think we have had two managers who don't give a flying fuck about it, who just use kids as fodder to fill gaps, with no intention whatsoever of bringing any through.

But it is still going to be seen as a failure of the academy, if it never produces a first team player, even a squad player, from 100s of the best kids in the world.

Foden & Pep's comments can hopefully give a boost to all the kids below & will break tbrough the barrier, so more follow.

Then a player like Sancho, in the future, will know he is likely turning down a future at City, if he leaves, rather than 3 years playing no mark football, followed by a loan to the 3rd div.

I agree but I also don't blame city, we need a b team like they do in Spain, the manager is under huge pressure to get results and therefore would rather play an experienced international then an unproven young player you can't blame him as every match is important people saying oh he could at least put them on the bench needs to think about whose spot they are taking and how they will feel about not even being on the bench. Every player wants to play every minute of every match. Young players need match time before they can fulfil their potential but big clubs need they to have fulfilled their potential before they can give they minutes. It's a really difficult problem to solve and I can't blame jadon for looking for greener pastures as with every 40mil signing he is further away from first team football. Hopefully he stays I really think pep will look to integrate jadon, fodan and diaz and establish them as squad players before he leaves.

A B team is a big help, but Utd don't need one.

They have played kids, every season in all circumstances & if they don't make it, they sell them. They still won stuff.

No team is going to play him yet, he's nowhere near ready. His decision making is poor even at EDS level, so I can't imagine he really thinks this is his year. Seems more like just one of those players chasing money early, we only signed him a couple of years ago and he's already got itchy feet.

It's not about him playing now. It's whether he thinks City are a team to give young players opportunities when they are ready.

At the moment, you can't really argue that we're a good place to be for kids trying to break into a first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.