Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden,Brahim and even Matt Smith are more ready for pro football than him currently,sadly.
He is a minimum 2 years away..Has a lot to learn.
Probably the one with the most ability on the ball of the trio but his decision making on/off the ball is shocking..Trickery & pace aren't enough at the highest level..Shades of Brandon Barker in him in that when he's on it,he's unplayable when he's off it rather take him off.Great if he stays but would be more gutted if Foden/Brahim/Smith were in this situation.

A B team is a big help, but Utd don't need one.

They have played kids, every season in all circumstances & if they don't make it, they sell them. They still won stuff.
I think football has changed a lot since the pisscan brought that crop through. I'm not sure they'd be able to do it today and remain competitive, there has been so much consolidation of talent. I mean, they keep trying to bring through players in the same way and look where they are.

Either way, I'm sympathetic to the idea of giving more chances but I think you're way too conclusive on how the outcomes would be different. The odds are almost overwhelming that every player we could have given a chance to wouldn't have made it. That's just how hard it is. In the end I think there's a gripe but I'm not sure the outcomes change much. I'd have begged for more time for Brahim based on EDS performances but he was completely bullied out of possession repeatedly. Which is fine, he needs exposure to that kind of stuff to adapt but the league doesn't allow for many losses these days and we can't often afford to have him learn that lesson with points at stake

Foden,Brahim and even Matt Smith are more ready for pro football than him currently,sadly.
He is a minimum 2 years away..Has a lot to learn.
Probably the one with the most ability on the ball of the trio but his decision making on/off the ball is shocking..Trickery & pace aren't enough at the highest level..Shades of Brandon Barker in him in that when he's on it,he's unplayable when he's off it rather take him off.Great if he stays but would be more gutted if Foden/Brahim/Smith were in this situation.

completley disagree with that. hes a very intelligent footballer and often makes great decisions on the ball. hes one of, if not the most talented young players we have. hes not just ' trickery and pace' as you say either.

I was gutted earlier in the week but now I'm not arsed. If he doesn't want to be part of City's future there are plenty of players that do. See ya.

completley disagree with that. hes a very intelligent footballer and often makes great decisions on the ball. hes one of, if not the most talented young players we have. hes not just ' trickery and pace' as you say either.
All good destroying the PL youth lower quality teams..Brandon Barker was doing this before him in the EDS.More interested in games vs the very best teams like in Salzburg in the UYL & Chelsea in the final.He might be our most talented youngster but Foden (CL) & Brahim (LC) have had a sniff at the first team before him so the coaching staff must(not) be seeing something.

All good destroying the PL youth lower quality teams..Brandon Barker was doing this before him in the EDS.More interested in games vs the very best teams like in Salzburg in the UYL & Chelsea in the final.He might be our most talented youngster but Foden (CL) & Brahim (LC) have had a sniff at the first team before him so the coaching staff must(not) be seeing something.

I agree and said it since last season when the Sancho hype began. He is too immature and in U18s games aftee 60/70 minutes he is gassed.

Decision making in the final third is also much more difficult than it is in midfield or other less decisive areas. It's unfair to compare.

In fairness the squad players playing in central midfield are of much less quality than those playing in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.