West Ham 2017/18

The problem could be, that the rags are geared up to potentially beat shite teams & spoil v decent ones.

If it works, they are title contenders.

Against better sides who gave superior quality they'll get found out. West Ham would be most sides pick for an easy first game. As for West Ham, unless they sack Bilic they're in for another turgid season.

Against better sides who gave superior quality they'll get found out. West Ham would be most sides pick for an easy first game. As for West Ham, unless they sack Bilic they're in for another turgid season.

I thought West Ham looked tragically bad v us pre season, when we played with half the intensity we used v Real Madrid etc.

To repeat your own question, based on what other than devotion? You've only finished in the top eight once in your last ten seasons in the Premier League, so what makes you especially confident that you'll do so again this season?

Good question.

1) I'm not actually that confident. Who knows in football ! Could we be relegated, could finish top 4. Absoulutly anything can happen in football.
2) I feel we will be more settled at the OS this year
3) We have managed to keep the likes of Lanzini, Antonio, Reid, Sakho - all very good players linked away from the club
4) we have added Joe Hart, englands number 1, prone to the odd mistake but still a fantastic goalie, Zabaleta is a great signing - he's influence, experience and work rate will be a huge asset. Arnaoutivic is another good signing, he will blow hot and cold but on a good day he is a match winner, Finally Chicarito - could well be the signing of the season for us exactly what we need, proven goal poacher
5) still to bring players in, heavily linked with Carvalio who would be perfect as I feel that's where we are weakest in the central midfield.

Optimistic but cautious of a top half finish.

United did look good tbf to West Ham. Yeah they (West Ham) were very poor defensively, spending most the game chasing shadows, and struggled to string a few passes together, but in their defence they were up against a physically strong united side who looked quick off the mark.

West Ham have never been one of these boring clubs that go up against a top 4 club with the intention to park 10 men in their own half, they committed people forward with the intention to cause an upset, but instead ended up on the receiving end of a pasting!
We've dealt a few beatings to West Ham over recent years yet no one blamed them for "rolling over" against us, instead we just put it down to our own sheer class.

Anyone who doesn't think United will make top 4 are living in a dream world.... I'm not basing it off 1 game either, they have pace and power all over, as well as some technical ability... also Lukaku is a beast and will easily score 25+ goals a season for them.
They'll dominate a lot of the teams at the bottom half of the table.
Which is what we should be doing, instead of squandering a large portion of our chances.

The problem could be, that the rags are geared up to potentially beat shite teams & spoil v decent ones.

If it works, they are title contenders.
What do you mean "could be"?

Bully the shite teams, and break up the play against the better teams, and if that doesn't work cheat or con the referee; typical Moureen team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.