Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham Poll claims it can't be rescinded?

Apparently because he administered a second yellow rather than a straight red, which if he thought was an elbow from Walker, should have been automatic.

Exposing it as a guess.

Said exactly this at the game last night, must have been a guess. A mistake I can live with, but to guess such an important decision is incompetent.

Not only that pal, but the owners of the television rights, and therefore the biggest investors, also have a huge betting platform.
But definitely no chance of corruption at my level. No sir! ;-)
You will tell me next that Sky make up transfer rumours and then people place bets with Sky Bet which have no chance of happening...

As an ex (qualified!) referee, who took it up when i couldn't get over playing injuries and also after sleeping on this, then, then attempting to remove my blue tinted glasses as best as i could.

Neither of KW's challenges warranted a yellow card, despite what people regularly scream over here, not every foul is deemed a frickin yellow card! Football is a contact sport, or was the last time i looked at the laws of the game, but the current crop of officials, who are by the way the worst in living memory, wouldn't know a hard, but fair challenge, it they viewed the playbacks constantly all week!

Are the corrupt crop of officials bent/corrupt, i really am not sure, but i do believe they have their favorites and we are simply not on anyone's list as those! Are they totally incompetent, absolutely in my opinion, when Keith Hackett (Compared to today, he would be rated a decent ref by the way!) comes out and says pretty much that, it speaks volumes! What used to be the pride of the world are now the 2nd poorest in the world, behind MLS ones if you were wondering, of whom you have to watch to actually believe, but in my opinion they are just incompetent and have no agenda's ........just yet!

Incidentally i also didn't think the yellow for Tom Davis for diving was a yellow!

You will tell me next that Sky make up transfer rumours and then people place bets with Sky Bet which have no chance of happening...
Funny you should say that......

I seem to remember Sky in France releasing breaking news on some player (Lacazete?) supposedly on a flight to London, fuelling speculation he was about to sign for Arsenal. Cue the flurry of bets (Skybet included), before the rumour was quashed.

We all make mistakes it's part of life but to guess as a referee in the biggest league in the world is beyond shocking..
Saturday he will get another game no punishment and worse not having to explain what he'd seen !!!
As for the player who basically cheated he will no doubt go unpunished, and for that reason the refs will be forced to guess that until José speaks to Mr Gill after it costs utd pts.

If I was assessing Mr Madley last night I would probably agree with Walkers 1st yellow as it was endangering an opponent. However, the 2nd yellow for Walker was never a yellow. The look Walker gave his opponent was merely to ascertain his position and not, as Sky would have us believe, a look of intent. Schneiderlains 2nd booking was also just about correct but if this was one that he could have "managed". But already sending Walker of for nowt took this out of coming under "being managed". Another minor point is that there were 2 occasions when Everton players received treatment and did not leave the pitch. Neither foul was as a result of a bookable offence so they both should have been asked to leave the field of play.

Clear again last night that the continued agenda against us by the FA has started in earnest for this season.
Better get use to playing games 10 men vs 12 men as we will be doing it a lot.
They will stoop to anything to stop us. they want the Rags at the top of the tree and if ever their was a weekend to expose the blatant biased and cheating then this was it.
It's unbelievable.

You better hold onto your butt mate, they also own one of the biggest news networks for not only worldwide news but ALSO sports.
We're not putting 2+2 together and getting 5 are we?
;-)

If I was assessing Mr Madley last night I would probably agree with Walkers 1st yellow as it was endangering an opponent. However, the 2nd yellow for Walker was never a yellow. The look Walker gave his opponent was merely to ascertain his position and not, as Sky would have us believe, a look of intent. Schneiderlains 2nd booking was also just about correct but if this was one that he could have "managed". But already sending Walker of for nowt took this out of coming under "being managed". Another minor point is that there were 2 occasions when Everton players received treatment and did not leave the pitch. Neither foul was as a result of a bookable offence so they both should have been asked to leave the field of play.

Disagree on Walkers 1st yellow but totally agree with game management comment, neither player should have walked last night, but the incompetent Madley gave himself no other option because of what had gone on previously, as you quite rightly say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.