Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was assessing Mr Madley last night I would probably agree with Walkers 1st yellow as it was endangering an opponent. However, the 2nd yellow for Walker was never a yellow. The look Walker gave his opponent was merely to ascertain his position and not, as Sky would have us believe, a look of intent. Schneiderlains 2nd booking was also just about correct but if this was one that he could have "managed". But already sending Walker of for nowt took this out of coming under "being managed". Another minor point is that there were 2 occasions when Everton players received treatment and did not leave the pitch. Neither foul was as a result of a bookable offence so they both should have been asked to leave the field of play.
This is just another example of how a disparity of refereeing can be used to manage a game in favour of one team. Same with playing advantage (or not), surreptitiously altering the course of the game, whilst going unnoticed by the majority of fans. It is a subtle dark art, but highly effective.

I will give you my take on last nights awful decision to send off Walker.
Everton Manager Koeman ? - (no time to check spelling ) - reacted to the coming together of Walker and the Everton forward.
He was stood next to the 4th official - Oliver - and it was Oliver - imho - that spoke to the ref. Maddley - they are wired up - and Maddley guessed
as he did not actually see the incident - so out came the yellow. Leading to a Red.
What is so unfair is that Maddley will get another game at the weekend - the Everton forward will play - he should be done for play acting -
and Walker will be out. Seemingly we can't challenge a yellow card.
F**kin' disgraceful.

Obviously, there is no rule to enable this, but I couldn't help thinking that 2 minutes after Kyle Walker was sent off (for the first time in his career) at half time, when the referee & his assistants are watching the replay that show Walker doing nothing & an Everton player holding his face & rolling around, when the 2nd half started, Walker should have been reinstated & the Everton player dismissed. Also the 4th official who claimed to have seen an elbow being thrown should have been replaced by someone who can actually see.

Preston I am intrigued how could he have avoided it ?
Sorry have to agree with Preston town extent. Never a yellow. But probably a foul - Walker deliberately steps across and into the Everton player and in doing so moves away from the flight of the ball as he then has to run around 5 yards to get to the ball. I actually think both players lost the flight of the ball asthey were both miles away from it. A bit daft and unnecessary when on a yellow.
That said the Everton players reaction was a disgrace.

Clear again last night that the continued agenda against us by the FA has started in earnest for this season.
Better get use to playing games 10 men vs 12 men as we will be doing it a lot.
They will stoop to anything to stop us. they want the Rags at the top of the tree and if ever their was a weekend to expose the blatant biased and cheating then this was it.
It's unbelievable.

pogba vs swansea its so clear that the rules are made up and if pogba can get away with 2 late tackles both late by the way all the stadium was up in arms the fans knew it the managers knew it the players knew it you just have to laugh at the cheating going on hahahahaha

pep's one full season and now 2 games into the new season how many red cards have manchester city picked up in 40 game in the league i think its 10 now that can not be right its a shocking statement of intent by the FA and the premier league to stop manchester city even the leading BBC local commentator for manchester city got the sack for saying what was happening right infront of his eyes

somebody got to get hold of this from the club and call them out its like the players and manager are being put to the sword and its got out of hand the manager and players need backing up we are talking about the best manager in the world with his hand tied how can he work under that sort of pressure

You better hold onto your butt mate, they also own one of the biggest news networks for not only worldwide news but ALSO sports.
We're not putting 2+2 together and getting 5 are we?
;-)
Wow I wonder why this hasn't been picked up before by anyone - we might be on to something here.

pogba vs swansea its so clear that the rules are made up and if pogba can get away with 2 late tackles both late by the way all the stadium was up in arms the fans knew it the managers knew it the players knew it you just have to laugh at the cheating going on hahahahaha

pep's one full season and now 2 games into the new season how many red cards have manchester city picked up in 40 game in the league i think its 10 now that can not be right its a shocking statement of intent by the FA and the premier league to stop manchester city even the leading BBC local commentator for manchester city got the sack for saying what was happening right infront of his eyes

somebody got to get hold of this from the club and call them out its like the players and manager are being put to the sword and its got out of hand the manager and players need backing up we are talking about the best manager in the world with his hand tied how can he work under that sort of pressure
Was that what cheesy was sacked for, never found out

Obviously, there is no rule to enable this, but I couldn't help thinking that 2 minutes after Kyle Walker was sent off (for the first time in his career) at half time, when the referee & his assistants are watching the replay that show Walker doing nothing & an Everton player holding his face & rolling around, when the 2nd half started, Walker should have been reinstated & the Everton player dismissed. Also the 4th official who claimed to have seen an elbow being thrown should have been replaced by someone who can actually see.
This is one thing I like about F1 actually, the incidents are looked at and reviewed, retrospective action can then be given during the race

This is just another example of how a disparity of refereeing can be used to manage a game in favour of one team. Same with playing advantage (or not), surreptitiously altering the course of the game, whilst going unnoticed by the majority of fans. It is a subtle dark art, but highly effective.
Ref also blocked off the passing lines on numerous occasions almost acting as an additional defensive midfield player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.