Sterling Penalty - Wenger will face no charge for his comments.

can anyone post a small sequence of freeze-frames or slo-mo showing the pass to david?
Go and watch the long highlights on the OS and freeze it yourself. Even on the OS video when they draw the line they've done it late
Silva is offside but only by a foot or so

There was nowt blatant about it!

Look at the freeze frame and Silva’s leg is offside, just.

The linesman doesn’t get to see a freeze frame and sees it once at one speed from one angle.

It was a very tough decision that could have gone either way.

Looking at the OS highlights, the linesman is blurred, but he seems to be watching the ball which is probably why he missed the offside

Even after copious amounts of drugs he looked a mile off.

He does when stone cold sober, but it's almost unbelievable how close it is

When will Muen get on our case and make the point that Arsey should be brought to book by FA/PL ?.

On the OS highlights if you freeze the video at 8.38 which is when Ferny passed the ball then Silva is probably less than a foot offside. The frame where is it frozen and the line drawn is the next second which makes it even more offside. Still offside though but who cares.

On the OS highlights if you freeze the video at 8.38 which is when Ferny passed the ball then Silva is probably less than a foot offside. The frame where is it frozen and the line drawn is the next second which makes it even more offside. Still offside though but who cares.

Offside is offside but you win some and you lose some. What pisses me off about Wenger is that he'll be banging on about it for weeks on end, as he did last season when we beat them. Fair enough, have a moan straight after the match but that should be it. As for his comments about the penalty, he's bang out of order.

I think this needs a separate thread, because it's time as City fans that we stand up and back our own up in the media and get Wenger the punishment he deserves for his disgraceful and frankly libellous comments about Raheem Sterling post-match.

Wenger's comments:

"I believe it was no penalty. It was a provoked penalty by Sterling, we know that he dives well, he does that very well".

This is clearly unacceptable. It brings the game into disrepute and makes an accusation that Sterling is a diver and a cheat. This is an outrageous accusation with no basis in evidence.

So Wenger should be forced to retract his comments, have to state that Sterling does not dive and was wrongly denied a penalty first half as well. He should also be punished under FA rules for improper conduct and bringing the game into disrepute. By accusing Sterling of diving, he is also accusing Oliver of making the wrong decision when he clearly didn't and that is questioning the integrity of the referee, so he should be done for that too.

I think with another manager making such a public accusation against our own, which is completely unmerited, we need to fight back and protect him. The club should issue formal and public complaints, and anyone who calls up phone-ins tonight should make a huge deal out of it.

MOTD tonight should be making it the main issue, clearly pointing out Sterling only got 1 of the 2 penalties he should have had, point back to last season to all the stonewall penalties he was wrongly denied and make it clear that Wenger was wrong, that he should be punished and apologise for it.

It's gone too far and to accuse one of ours completely wrongly is unacceptable, and we need to stand up and fight back now. He can't be allowed to make that comment and let it stick, unchallenged.

This ^^
Have the FA/PL got any bollocks ??.............

I can not believe the pen is being debated!!
Monreal smashed into Sterling and got his legs tangled up with Sterlings. It was clumsy. Its 100% a pen.

The 3rd was offside, just. No big deal. Sometimes they go for you, sometimes they don't.

Arsenal need to take a long look at themselves instead of looking at the refs to blame for their shitness.

PB has posted something in the post match thread. Freeze framing at he moment 'Dinho touches the ball, Spanish Dave is level with the last defender. Given the rules guide the officials to give the benefit of doubt to the attacking team, it seems to me the assistant ref got it bang on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.