Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it right that City have had the most sending offs in the last 2 years only behind Wolves I think?
If that stat is correct the game is corrupt, end off.

What an anomaly that is, we're told by every tosspot under the sun how many fans the rags have, and yet NONE are on that referees list pmsl.

As far as Taylor is concerned I've said all I need to say on it, I grew up in Wythenshawe, I know exactly what the mentality is so Taylor claiming no allegiance one way or the other is utter horse shit, he was probably bullied by a City fan growing up (so it's his/her fault).

I haven't seen the incident yet as we're away 7 hours ahead of UK. But if this appears to be the new line in the sand then it should give us plenty of ammo should the same thing happen against us in future games. Losing FD for 3 games may not be good right now but could be a blessing in disguise for the rest of the season. Mind you that's 3 off this season so I think it makes us the dirtiest team in the league? Apparently THFC only had one off since 2015/2016 season!!

If you can bear it, watch the game back and pay full attention to Alty's positional awareness. He knows full well where our quick outlet ball is, and he gets in the way time after time; it's not even subtle.

This causes us to slow down and play sideways, or pick a riskier pass. It disrupts and upsets our usual fast paced passing game, and it is 100% intentional.

Our players know exactly what he is doing, and you can see how frustrated they get; no wonder Delph went in hard. Pure frustration.

Pep has tried so hard to keep our players disciplined, but when we get constantly hammered by dodgy officiating, it gets tiresome. Luckily, we have played well enough to negate it for most of this season, but Wigan was a bad day at the office.

My dad said this very early on yesterday. I hadn’t noticed it before but you see how many times he cuts out passing angles, especially the easy ball back to Fernandinho to stop us switching sides quickly and it’s beyond obvious. Not only does he purposefully block the line of pass, he then tries to step forward or backwards in line with Fernandinho every time which cannot just be a coincidence, once or twice maybe, half a dozen times plus he knows what he’s doing.

I have never seen aref do a fantastic card trick on the pitch like that before though. He had a yellow card in his hand and was writing on it and then when he held it in the air it turned to red. Amazing.

We have had 10 clear red card tackles against us this season, the most recent in the 4th minute of this game, but not one has been given as a red. Some yellows, some just free kicks, some not even fouls at all. Yet this one was a red.

We all know some challenges could be given either way, but how did it get to the point where EVERY such challenge is not a red if it against a City player and this one did?

Yes, if it was the odd decision you could put it down to inconsistency, but the sheer weight of numbers here shows we are clearly not being treated fairly by referees. Add in the ludicrous red cards for Walker and Sterling earlier in the season and you can see why Guardiola is so frustrated.

Yes, if it was the odd decision you could put it down to inconsistency, but the sheer weight of numbers here shows we are clearly not being treated fairly by referees. Add in the ludicrous red cards for Walker and Sterling earlier in the season and you can see why Guardiola is so frustrated.
Yes if he is weighing up his options as what do do with a contract extension offer, the referees might push him to go elsewhere.

The thing that annoys me, is that at no time ever do referee's explain there decisions. When we heard the ref in the Liverpool/Spurs game the other week (Atkinson?) chat to his Assistant about that penalty i thought that was great, you might not have agreed but at least you got a small insight to his thinking.

I don't have a problem with the red, i think it just about was. But why the change of mind? Pressure from Wigan players or communication from his assistants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.