Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

We need to stop thinking we deserve/need to win the Prem every season.
Not going to happen.
You’re correct, but when you look back at the season and games such as Spurs, Palace, Chelsea and to a certain extent Liverpool Home and Arsenal away, we have thrown plenty of points away
It’s those games that will have cost us the league, not yesterday’s draw

How can you when they have 9-10 players behind the ball all narrow ? It was mission impossible today although Ake was unlucky and Erling seems to be having a nightmare with easy chances. Arsenal led a charmed life at times.
"Arsenal led a charmed life at times."

Behave it was an easy 90 mins for their defence, we created almost nothing.

We need to stop thinking we deserve/need to win the Prem every season.
Not going to happen.
WE don't deserve anything but despite not been at our very best this season we could still win a title and our OWN failings will have cost us.

Some comments about the Dippers +5 goal difference plus the points. Think about it logically, say they lose a game, by 1 goal. City win the game they play by 1 goal to go level on points. Goal difference is now +3. Across the 8 other matches surely you can make up 3 goals on Liverpool? Same if they draw twice. They aren't winning all their games, the longest winning run in the PL they've had all season is 5 games! They've gone 4 wins in a row also.

Time for some of you to grow a pair and realise this ain't over and a point today may be the best point either side gets all season!
Liverpool will drop points for sure but we are unlikely to win the next nine. I hope we can still do it and I haven't thrown in the towel just yet but thinking about it logically all things considered we probably won't.

Predictability , that's why.

Slow, ponderous build up, no pace out wide and our star players off their game.

And opponents who were happy to take a point yet claim they are desperate to end a 20 year wait for a title.

If I was an Arsenal fan I would be furious with that performance, mid way through the second half we looked gassed and there for the taking, what did the Arse do? Put on more defenders and shut up shop, FFS those tactics don't deserve titles.
its predictable because of the way opponents set up against us, and the way arsenal set up was standard, rice was a virtual centre back for most of the game, such was their intent not to lose. i was quite disappointed with their tactics given how glorious the media have portrayed them. of course their cause was helped enormously with that twat taylors refusal to book any foul whatsoever.
obviously the onus was on us to break them down, kova was on too long for me, good player but he don't half slow the play down.
its not over but it becomes more difficult with each passing game

its predictable because of the way opponents set up against us, and the way arsenal set up was standard, rice was a virtual centre back for most of the game, such was their intent not to lose. i was quite disappointed with their tactics given how glorious the media have portrayed them. of course their cause was helped enormously with that twat taylors refusal to book any foul whatsoever.
obviously the onus was on us to break them down, kova was on too long for me, good player but he don't half slow the play down.
its not over but it becomes more difficult with each passing game
Nothing to do with the opposition , that's a weak argument.

Teams have played like that against us for the best part of a decade, we no longer have the players to defeat systems like that.

We dominate the ball yet create little.

We have the best finisher in the world, yet don't play to his strengths.

We ARE Predictable, that's just fact this season, we have become incredibly dull and frustrating.

And to add, it's no surprise we are linked with numerous wide, fast, pacy players for this summer window

Last edited:
It was a bit of a stalemate with very few chances of note. Both goalies had a quiet afternoon with not much to do. No real quality up front from us though was the main reason for the draw, but I think Arse were in a "must not lose" mindset. The PL becomes a little bit tougher now and if we're to win it the gap can't get any bigger, especially with the GD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.