Israel-Palestine Conflict

The sarcastic response, and pile on, to me pointing out that it is not in US interests (or Israel’s!) to be caught bare-assed with a much wider conflict on the near horizon.

The U.S. is an Israeli ally and its hardware supplier in a dangerous world, with them at a second epicenter, and is involved in the constant supply of hardware to them. Sadly, this has been used as a cudgel that the U.S. is complicit in a genocide in Gaza, even as the U.S. does everything they can to assert some semblance of reasonableness in the region. Indeed, Biden’s recent call to Netanyahu emphasizes that, but being an ally is easy during periods of sunshine and rises, but a tad harder when times get tough and you’re not part of the final decision process.

Perhaps further pressure will help change that dynamic, but in the meantime, real life is happening and it’s not for the faint hearted.
No need for sarcasm when you write the punchlines ...

How much of our GDP is created by the arms trade?

In a moral world we'd have stopped selling them. However, if our economy is running on flogging death machines we really can't afford not too.

It's a headbanger that's really hurting my head.

Personally I'd say fuck them, you made this mess and we aren't going to help you make it worse.

We'd need the yanks and others to do the same mind.

In a moral world we'd have stopped selling them. However, if our economy is running on flogging death machines we really can't afford not too.

Personally I'd say fuck them, you made this mess and we aren't going to help you make it worse.

It's a false choice. ⁵⁰

Violence Order Morality

Violence is located at the lowest level and is the foundation.
Based on violence, order was established.
Above order, people began to discuss morality.

The United States will not stop supporting Israel because Israel is a part of order. Even if people are morally aware of what needs to be done, the impact of morality is weaker than that of order. Unless violence begins to take effect, order will not be disrupted.

It's a conundrum that leaves us all with blood on our hands. Not sure what the proportion of GDP is, but I suspect that besides some other small scale niche / high tech stuff arms is our only significant manufacturing industry now. The continued viability of that depends on us parking our ethics when it comes to overseas sales.
I suppose because of this when another country buys our arms, they also buy our tacit political support.

America needs wars to keep those defence companies in business.

Appalling and equally shocking that these crimes don't make as many headlines as the murder of the international aid workers.

Its no surprise sadly that there is a rise in antisemitic threats and violence against Jewish people when their country is carrying out these actions.

I'm just pointing out the extreme levels of hypocrisy and ignorance to how this situation is far more complicated and cannot readily be simplified. Israel must stop I agree but people need to understand that the west is not going to act against Israel because it can't due to the geopolitics involved.

To answer why the west is hesitant, just ask yourself how many countries allied to Russia have acted to stop Russia from its genocide in Ukraine? Why doesn't China sanction Russia? Why is Iran supplying drones to be used to attack Ukraine? These are all countries calling upon Israel to stop but why don't they stop Russia??

If you want to see the world hypocrisy on genocide then just look at the vote below in the UN. This vote was to condemn Russia for its aggression and acts in Ukraine. Note that South Africa is prosecuting Israel for genocide and yet it somehow lost its conscience when it came to criticise its friend Russia.

Much of this issue is about a new axis order of west vs anti-west, that's ultimately what it comes down to and unfortunately the Palestinians are right now represented by the extreme anti-west. Because of this the west cannot act to easily stop Israel and unfortunately the Israeli regime is quite clearly taking advantage.

new-world-disorder-2.png

Whatever helps you sleep at night, I suppose.

Appalling and equally shocking that these crimes don't make as many headlines as the murder of the international aid workers.

Its no surprise sadly that there is a rise in antisemitic threats and violence against Jewish people when their country is carrying out these actions.
I think it is a surprise or at least appalling - Jewish people are not the Israeli state and conflating the two allows that state to hide behind AS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.