£10,000 for a decent car...

Drewmanc

Pretty much what it says on the tin, I'm after a 4/5 door family car and wanted recommendations from you guys and gals

Cheers!

Drewmanc said:
Pretty much what it says on the tin, I'm after a 4/5 door family car and wanted recommendations from you guys and gals

Cheers!

you need to be a little bit more specific in want you actually want, looks, economy,handling, what mileage you do etc...

Right, ok more info I currently drive a shitty 1.6 focus and it's gash its only saving grace is the fact I was given it. I want a safe but decent performance motor, 1.8-2.0L, don't mind diesel or petrol but I mainly do 50 or so motorway miles a day but I want it to be able to shift when I want it to and not slow down on the sightest hill like the fucking ford I currently own oh and must to have 4/5 doors and no estate cars

Cheers

Oh and not too heavy on the fuel, I have been looking at VW blue motion and economic dynamic by BMW and they seem to have decent mpg but don't mind if it's not as high as them!

you def want a diesal a 1.9 or 2.0 tdi, good mpg quick and low on car tax compared with a petrol, i would go with bmw 1/3 series or audi a4 for looks and performance otherwise a passatt, accord or even octavia if your not bothered about badge

do a bit of esearch on these eco motion cars though you can pay a couple of grand more for them which eliminates the fuel saving gains

I have thought about the 1 series and A4 but there isnt really any room for a pram etc and no leg room in the back, diesel does seem the way to go though

VW Golf TDI 1.9L would be ideal. According to someone I know who works for VW, it's the best £ for £ VW. Reliable, quick, economical and, according to my VW working associate, goes around the clock twice and more.

We bought one a couple of years ago and we are impressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.