£10,000 for a decent car...

Having read up on the suggestions I do want a BMW/Audi type badge but the Saab 9-3 looks fairly good, anyone have history with these? Hasn't Saab gone bust?!

Saab have gone under but there is a firm that has started up manufacturing replacement parts of all models, they are very solid and extremely good quality.

Drewmanc said:
Right, ok more info I currently drive a shitty 1.6 focus and it's gash its only saving grace is the fact I was given it. I want a safe but decent performance motor, 1.8-2.0L, don't mind diesel or petrol but I mainly do 50 or so motorway miles a day but I want it to be able to shift when I want it to and not slow down on the sightest hill like the fucking ford I currently own oh and must to have 4/5 doors and no estate cars

Cheers

Oh and not too heavy on the fuel, I have been looking at VW blue motion and economic dynamic by BMW and they seem to have decent mpg but don't mind if it's not as high as them!

Blue motion has been found out its crap!!

Oh and you have slagged the best selling car for a decade, good luck<br /><br />-- Wed May 30, 2012 9:57 pm --<br /><br />
Drewmanc said:
Having read up on the suggestions I do want a BMW/Audi type badge but the Saab 9-3 looks fairly good, anyone have history with these? Hasn't Saab gone bust?!

Saab are pants tbh. problems with turbo's etc.

BMW are a good car but you will be looking at a high milage one or a 5/7 year old one

Drewmanc said:
I have thought about the 1 series and A4 but there isnt really any room for a pram etc and no leg room in the back, diesel does seem the way to go though

Seriously???

Why is diesel the way to go?

Its a myth why people want diesels these days, it cost more to begin with and if you are doing less than 15000 miles per year you will spend more!!!........because joe bloggs from the pub says so, i doesn't make it correct<br /><br />-- Wed May 30, 2012 10:03 pm --<br /><br />If you want reliability

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...iable-used-family-cars.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Robbo. said:
Drewmanc said:
I have thought about the 1 series and A4 but there isnt really any room for a pram etc and no leg room in the back, diesel does seem the way to go though

Seriously???

Its a myth why people want diesels these days, it cost more to begin with and if you are doing less than 15000 miles per year you will spend more!!!........because joe bloggs from the pub says so, i doesn't make it correct
Typical car salesman, not using the information given to him by the customer, he has just stated he does 50 miles a day.

Yes it costs more to buy but they also hold their value better, especially in the current climate, oh and then there is the tax cost.

Oh how I remember the days of arrogant car sales execs making my life soo much easier to sell cars.

Mazda 6 Sport or TS2 - loads of toys, boot that could house a small family, good MPG, great reliability and they look OK too :)

BlueMooner87 said:
Robbo. said:
Drewmanc said:

Seriously???

Its a myth why people want diesels these days, it cost more to begin with and if you are doing less than 15000 miles per year you will spend more!!!........because joe bloggs from the pub says so, i doesn't make it correct
Typical car salesman, not using the information given to him by the customer, he has just stated he does 50 miles a day.

Yes it costs more to buy but they also hold their value better, especially in the current climate, oh and then there is the tax cost.

Oh how I remember the days of arrogant car sales execs making my life soo much easier to sell cars.

there residual value has the same affect as a petrol, so thats incorrect

and you recommend a Saab 93 lol

I know Citroen have a bad reputation in general, but PSA really know their way around a diesel engine and the new C5 is a fantastic motor, Drive the 2.2 HDI and I gurantee you will not be dissapointed, when it was released about 4 years ago I had the pleasure of driving it and all it's competitors around donnington park, the Mondeo is decent the insigina is poor, the passat was a huge let down and don't even consider the laguna, the citroen blew them all away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.