£10,000 for a decent car...

Have a look at these
If you're not a giant, they may suit your needs perfectly. Jap cars are built for Japanese size people so the seats aren't the biggest

One's diesel - 60mpg on a run and 0 -60 in 9 secs so not slow
The other's petrol, £700 cheaper, but 50mpg on a run and 0-60 in 10 secs
The diesel will probably be worth £700 more when you come to move it on, but if you can live with a car that's a tad slower and less economical, go for the petrol, not as noisey and no where near as smelly

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201212458753736/sort/default/usedcars/fuel-type/diesel/price-to/10000/maximum-age/up_to_3_years_old/maximum-mileage/up_to_40000_miles/model/mazda6/make/mazda/page/1/postcode/cw82fa/radius/100?logcode=p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201213459491072/sort/default/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_3_years_old/fuel-type/petrol/price-to/10000/maximum-mileage/up_to_40000_miles/model/mazda6/make/mazda/postcode/cw82fa/radius/100/page/2?logcode=p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p</a>

Robbo as I own one I think I'm more than entitled to slag them off as they are seriously shite/cheaply made/on the whole fucking rubbish! I do think diesel is the way to go, my car previous to the petrol focus was a diesel and I found it much better torque wise and MPG wise. I've found BMW 318 d and 320 d from 07/08 with less than 60,000 miles but I don't understand why they have 318 d's that are 1.8 or 2.0L and 320 d's that are 1.8 or 2.0L what is the difference?!! And 9-3's 1.9 d's from o8/09 with less than 60,000 miles, all three of these cars had cheaper insurance and tax compared to the petrol alternatives.

On another note why has no one said Volvo Yet?!!

Drewmanc said:
Robbo as I own one I think I'm more than entitled to slag them off as they are seriously shite/cheaply made/on the whole fucking rubbish! I do think diesel is the way to go, my car previous to the petrol focus was a diesel and I found it much better torque wise and MPG wise. I've found BMW 318 d and 320 d from 07/08 with less than 60,000 miles but I don't understand why they have 318 d's that are 1.8 or 2.0L and 320 d's that are 1.8 or 2.0L what is the difference?!! And 9-3's 1.9 d's from o8/09 with less than 60,000 miles, all three of these cars had cheaper insurance and tax compared to the petrol alternatives.

Because of the badge

We've got a Beemer 5 series but Mr Bloomers insists the best car we've ever had in terms of running costs/mpg/all round driving experience was the car we had before the BM, a Mondeo ST

Dont shoot the messenger I know zilch about cars

And you bloomer? Which one was your favourite? Does your missis buy your clothes for you as well?!

Drewmanc said:
Having read up on the suggestions I do want a BMW/Audi type badge but the Saab 9-3 looks fairly good, anyone have history with these? Hasn't Saab gone bust?!

I've had a couple of 9-3 and they are great cars, go for the TTid model if you do. Other than that you'll not really go wrong with any German oil burner. Worst car I ever had was an alfa kept it not more than 8 weeks and hated every second of it.

Drewmanc said:

I too have owned one, great car. Thats why they have been the best sellign car in the country for a good decade. You said you got given the car, was it young when you go it?

Well not really for age wise, it's an 04 and I've had it 2 years but it's only done 33,000 miles!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.