£10 Parking..

Re: Im thinking of buying a caravan and parking it at Eastlands.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Don't worry, some of the "that's the price you pay if you want to watch players like Santa Cruz" crew will be along soon to tell you that it is tough $hit, you are getting a great "matchday experience" and that you should shut up because you can now get a ten foot hotdog and it allows us to pay Wayne Bridge 90k a week.

LOL !

Having just got home after another 200 mile round trip I thought I would just see if someone had brought this topic up.
£10 to park is a fu@king joke to be honest on top of all the petrol some of us have to fork out for, 100% rise.
£3.00 for the programme at a friendly with 62 pages compaired to the 94 pages for the normal prgramme at the same cost, it may sound like picking but lets not start ripping the fans off City.
For the first time I went into the shop to get the new top looked at it and what I had on from last season and walked away, a bit of white around the sleeve and a coloured bar strip inside the neck which you can't see and all for £45.00 no thanks I will give it a miss. Not long ago we were slating utd for ripping fans off ref shirts and the little change made to them before they put a new one on sale. Didn't take us long to follow in their footsteps.

Just got back after a very enjoyable day with 4 kids and the wifey.

(240 mile round trip for me)

The car park fee is way too much for what is in fact the old croft at Maine Road!

With 4 kids in tow as well I think they should consider having a safer way to get to and from your car as it was an absolute joke (as per) with no clear and safe way of getting through the traffic.

Not great for the new family friendly club.

(Also only half the tickets working and the others being locked out for 20 minutes! All tickets bought online, at the same time and yet 2 work and 2 dont! Its a good job I know how shit the ticketing is at COMS and sent the wife through first otherwise we could have had 2,3 or 4 kids inside and 2 parents outside grrrrrreaaaaaat)

not my fault! said:
quiet_riot said:
You might be able to get a disabled parking pass if that is the case.

He has one but they still friggin charge £10 to park! Will get him to ring up on Monday and quizz whoever and try and sort it. Just think a 100% increase is a bit steep.

I would double check on that, I am a wheelchair season ticket holder and get a parking pass that allows me to park in Car Park 1 for free. Some people get to park in the stadium, but I think there is a waiting list for them. Even if you are not a season ticket holder, you can normally get a pass for the game when you order your ticket. Not sure if this is only for wheelchair supporters, but would guess it isn't. You have to show some sort of evidence at the start of the season (receiving DLA etc)

Parking around the ground

Anyone get charged a tenner for parking last night? heard on the radio some were going to charge ten quid (robbing b@stards). I paid a fiver in the car-park before Vermillion & Cinnabar.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:32 am --<br /><br />No one admitting to being mugged then? Trying to get locations of the offending car-parks so people can avoid them.

Right let get this right. (this includes comments in the food/drink thread)

City NEED to increase costs to be a success.
Rules are coming in that dictate clubs must be self generating.
We know the owners are pumping money in like it's water. (actually oil!)
We want success, and so do they.
We all understand this.

The owners are not spending money to be kind to us City fans.
The are business men.
And like all business men, they want to make money, no give it away.
I'm "glad" they chose City, but i am "not" thankful.
They will want their money back at some point, and there is only one place this will come from......OUR POCKETS.

BUT and it's a big but...

These men are playing with peoples emotions.
We have stuck with City through thick and thin, good times and bad.
City have generations of fans, who are brought up pure blue.
If we have to pay more for success, then i don't see a single "true" fan mind paying a little more.
Increments are fine and expected.

This is where City are really going to come unstuck...

We HAVE just been through a recession. Money is tight for many, so people need to prioritise.
Many would have budgeted for a small increase in ticket prices.
Many would have expected food and drink to have nudged up a little.
I recently went into Old trafford red cafe whilst at a show.
The service was excellent. They were very busy, but the food drink was great.
The real surprise....the "price", excellent excellent value.

Parking around a stadium shouldn't be a cash cow, it should be to service the ticket paying fan.
I don't pay at ASDA to shop, i don't pay at the trafford centre either.
I'm not charged at B&Q, or at the cinema on on the moss.
£5 to park at City for two hours, after spending up to £45 a ticket (each) was already pushing it.
So City shut one car park and double the price on the other. That is disgusting.
Then the way some nobs come on here and defend it, is even more disgusting!

We City supporters are not mugs like other prem supporters.
We have always been about pride and honesty. We are fair people and want to be treated fairly.
Unlike any other fan, we have common sense and know when we are being exploited.
Ricky Hatton isn't short of a few bob, but wouldn't be ripped off.

If you increase prices, you need to offer MORE not LESS.
Pay for success?, then let's have some first!
As mentioned Manu have had success, yet their prices are now lower than ours in all areas.

So it basically comes down to choice...

Do you pay or not.
Many have come on here and said "put up or shut up".
Ok so we all take your very limited "intellectual" advice.
We all decide to boycott the food/drink and parking.
This will leave City short, so they will have to think of other ways to raise the money...Ticket prices say.
The anti glazier movement doesn't seem to be benefiting either the club or the fans.

I turned up at last nights game straight from work. I was running late and the game had started.
I had about £8 in change on the dash in my van.
No problem i thought, that will cover parking.
You can guess what happened next!
Yep, not entry...
I felt so sorry for the girl there. She said she had got so much grief i wouldn't believe. Oh yes, i did believe her!!!
It was not so much the 100% increase, but the fact that no notices or emails had been sent out warning us.
She couldn't waiver the increase, so i couldn't park.
So i parked on the curb at the gates and abandoned my van.
I was told i would probably get clamped or removed.
But i just headed for the stadium.

I decided to head for the ticket office.
I asked about speaking to somebody about the parking.
Nobody was available to even come out and speak...NOBODY.
I wasn't aggressive in any way, but all they would give me was a pathetic email address to write to.
What good was that when i needed the parking sorted out there and then.
I could have sourced a cash machine, but why should i have to? £10 for two hours is robbery.

So i took a "choice", i headed home...
I watched the remainder of the match on TV.
I then went on the internet.
I ordered a movable satellite system.
Next week i will see every home and away match including 3pm kick offs.
Costs = £400

Funny thing it's not a money issue with me personally, just a principle thing.
I was buying a better season ticket this year and parking/food is/was included.
That idea is scrapped!

So i have just been to my last match. (which i didn't actually see)
I'm not anti City, they are in my blood.
But i will no longer be a supporter. I will just be a arm chair fan.
And that is my choice!

3355572885_13b83c8cf2.jpg

Simples.

not my fault! said:
law74 said:
If you had read the thread you would have seen that he goes to the game with his dad (probably the main reason he is a blue like the rest of us).
His Dad has had a heart attack.
His dad cant walk too far now.
Not all City fans go to the game with the same sort of people, we are a wide and broad family, and should support each other.

Thats me ^^^ tonight he didnt go, but I rang him to tell him and he's worried about having to walk the distance from the other parking areas. He's going to ring on Monday and see what City say about it. When it's finished we will get the tram but until then we have to drive, if he doesnt go then I normally get the tram to town then walk as it's not an issue for me (unless im with the wee man, he's 6 and its a long way to walk for him too). Dont get me wrong I can live with the wait after the match and an increase but 100% is way above the odds.

Ring the club on Monday, my Dad is disabled and gets FREE parking with his season ticket. I am not sure if this only comes with the disabled season ticket or not though. From experience , the ticket office have always been more than helpful regarding any problems my Dad has had reagrding tickets or parking. Sure they will sort it out if you ring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.