£1k for the latest iPhone

Buy a 12month old one from eBay and get a sim only deal. Much cheaper that way.
Had an iPhone once before. Horrible phone. Having to piss about jailbreaking it to install non-Apple apps. No, thanks. I was simply drawing attention to the extortionate prices Apple are charging.

I really can't see me ever being able to justify spending over a grand on a phone, no matter how super-duper that phone is. Even if I was earning the same grand a week (ha!), I just couldn't do it. I just looked online with my network (Vodafone, and even with the current bill pay plan I'm on (€40 a month), the handset would still cost nearly €900.

I have felt similarly for several years, even before they hit the grand mark. I have the 7 now and only as I received it as a gift but there is certainly a lot to like with the phone. I would struggle to spend that much when I eventually need to replace it but just as difficult now to go back to Android as well (I've switched between platforms twice in the past)

But this is the model Apple has set, they create impressive tech at a premium price knowing full well that you'll be back to upgrade it every 2 years. I loved MBPs because I could get 5-6 years out of it but they no longer have the same lifespan due to Apple's model.

I hate the Apple ecosystem but my MBP and my iPhone work better for me than competitors. I'll resist the model as much as I can but ultimately I will have to concede until something comparable comes along

Had an iPhone once before. Horrible phone. Having to piss about jailbreaking it to install non-Apple apps. No, thanks. I was simply drawing attention to the extortionate prices Apple are charging.
Didn't mean an iSlave device as such. Had a couple of them years ago when there wasn't really any alternative. Never again.

Didn't mean an iSlave device as such. Had a couple of them years ago when there wasn't really any alternative. Never again.
iSlave; very good!

source.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.