£50 million Tevez

WARD21

With Alexis Sanchez a likely summer deal, according to this...

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/04/carlos-tevez-manchester-city?cat=football&type=article" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/m ... pe=article</a>

Fed up with this "Alexis Sánchez to replace Tevez" nonsense....

Tevez's primary role is as a striker and Sanchez's primary role is on the wing. Its like the Milner transfer all over, bought him and stuck him in a position which doesn't get the best out of him... hes a box to box midfielder.

If Tevez is indeed off then we need to find a world class striker

The article doesn't state he'll be a replacement for Tevez. Sounds promising though, can't wait to see the back of Tevez and would be delighted to sign Sanchez.

I don't see why Sanchez can't be a Tevez replacement. Not directly obviously, but he could easily take his place in the squad, and it would arguably give our front-line a better balance.

Problem with Tevez is he's really flourished with us playing as a lone striker, but as he likes to drop off a lot and move around, we're often left with no real focal point up front if he's in the side in his favoured role.

Sanchez has the ball carrying ability of Tevez, but could be more effective playing deeper or wider in tandem with another, main striker (Balo or Dzeko), in a way that would push Tevez out to the periphery.

To replace Tevez, we don't necessarily have to go for the exact same kind of player.

pee dubya said:
I don't see why Sanchez can't be a Tevez replacement. Not directly obviously, but he could easily take his place in the squad, and it would arguably give our front-line a better balance.

Problem with Tevez is he's really flourished with us playing as a lone striker, but as he likes to drop off a lot and move around, we're often left with no real focal point up front if he's in the side in his favoured role.

Sanchez has the ball carrying ability of Tevez, but could be more effective playing deeper or wider in tandem with another, main striker (Balo or Dzeko), in a way that would push Tevez out to the periphery.

To replace Tevez, we don't necessarily have to go for the exact same kind of player.

this.

although i would look for another striker in the summer if tev goes. get rid of jo, ade and crocky as well.

ban-mcfc said:
pee dubya said:

this.

although i would look for another striker in the summer if tev goes. get rid of jo, ade and crocky as well.

I think Ade might have a future still with us. If not then obviously will need to be suitably replaced.
But I agree totally with Pee Dubya. Tevez doesnt need to be replaced as such.
If we do bring in Sanchez he might well get the best out of Edin (who should improve hugely with half a season of adapting to this league under his belt).

So our forward options (which we need a few of if we make the Champ League particularly) -

Dzeko
Balotelli
Adebayor/ or other if he leaves

With Crocky, Jo and Bellemy gone that leaves room for a fourth option. Someone young who would be willing to play a bit-part as he develops.
Step forward Connor Wickham. That lads going to be a superstar in a couple of years time.

Would also love us to put in a strong bid for Oxlade-Chamberlain at Southampton too. That way we'd have four stikers and four wide-creative players. Three of each established, and one each young but incredibly promising.

Sanchez's best form this season has actually come as a striker, not on the wings, so he does have it in him, but we're not Udinese and we're not playing in Serie A. We're a club on the up who realistically wants to be challenging for the CL and PL in a few years time, so a marquee striker who will directly replace Tevez in the long term is required.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.