£50 million Tevez

Tevez can go today for me. Done nothing since his transfer request. At one point he was out for the season. Now we are at Wembley it looks like he will be fit. love to see 2 class wingers floating crosses in. Dzeko is great in the air & give Ade a chance along side him. Not much would beat them 2 from crosses. Plus with Silva floating about for knock downs. Make for exciting football. But someone would have to tell Mancini. That you can play more than one forward at a time. And Balotteli can brew up & clean the boots.

pee dubya said:
I don't see why Sanchez can't be a Tevez replacement. Not directly obviously, but he could easily take his place in the squad, and it would arguably give our front-line a better balance.

Problem with Tevez is he's really flourished with us playing as a lone striker, but as he likes to drop off a lot and move around, we're often left with no real focal point up front if he's in the side in his favoured role.

Sanchez has the ball carrying ability of Tevez, but could be more effective playing deeper or wider in tandem with another, main striker (Balo or Dzeko), in a way that would push Tevez out to the periphery.

To replace Tevez, we don't necessarily have to go for the exact same kind of player.

exactly!

not saying Tevez isnt a great player as he clearly is but the club is probably better off without him both in footballing terms and off the field drama.

I still dont reckon we will get any more for him than we paid hes just to much hassle and will only last two years max wherever he goes.

if we dont offload him then fine but absolutely no way that he should get the armband VK is clearly the right captain for the club a model pro on and off the field.

i really don't understand when people say we would be a better "on the field" team without Tevez....look at his contribution to our best season in a long time, without his goals we wouldn't be close to where we are now. Sure the off the field drama is very unnecessary but hes been a major contributing factor to our greatest season in over 30 years. I will be very weary of what our team can produce without him. Sure we've done fine recently without him, but his impact is unmistakable.

Bottom line is Tev is not worth 50mill plus his wages so I reckon he will stay. The Torres experiment proves that you can't just buy goals. There has been a really interesting power shift in relation to the club and Tev and i reckon he needs us now more than we need him

The more I think about it the more I'd replace him with Drogba and Lukaku.

Drogba has got a couple of seasons left in him (I think he needs a change of club tbh) and to have Lukaku to learn from him we'd have a readymade replacement.

Sanchez on the wing would be nice too :)

Imagine a midfield of Sanchez, Silva and Yaya....wow. Even better if we can get Ashley Young(although i think he is going to Liverpool or man utd

Nothing new in this thread,all is being discussed in various others.

In fact,after reading that article,i would suggest they are where Mr Taylor has sourced his info.....

Messi?

But I believe Tevez's even better than Messi. He will last longer. He's tough.

Suarez would have been cute.

But Balotelli can do half the job, and leave the rest of the scoring burden to De Jong.

That there are very similar articles to the Guardian piece in the Telegraph and in The Independent is tantamount to an official club announcement that Tevez will be available in the summer:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...r-selling-Carlos-Tevez-for-less-than-50m.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ows-willingness-to-sell-talisman-2278412.html

The timing suggests that anyone desperate for Tevez to play against Spurs and in the Cup Final should not hold their breath. This is also implied by the following in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-FA-Cup-final-hamstring-injury-persists.html

The references in two of the articles to the pursuit of Alexis Sanchez merely confirms what has long been public knowledge. As Daniel Taylor says, he should be seen more as a replacement for Shaun Wright-Philips than for Tevez. It will be interesting to discover what plans City do have for the purchase of a more conventional striker (given the planned sales of Jo, Santa Cruz and Adebayor).

gerrygowsjockstrap said:
Tevez can go today for me. Done nothing since his transfer request. At one point he was out for the season. Now we are at Wembley it looks like he will be fit. love to see 2 class wingers floating crosses in. Dzeko is great in the air & give Ade a chance along side him. Not much would beat them 2 from crosses. Plus with Silva floating about for knock downs. Make for exciting football. But someone would have to tell Mancini. That you can play more than one forward at a time. And Balotteli can brew up & clean the boots.
I think that City fans are probably amongst the most fickle in the country. This is like the comments the rags were making when he left them. Check your facts, 8 league goals and 4 cup goals since Christmas despite the injuries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.