“Offensive” Spurs banner re: Alonso

Racism and sexism etc should be punished with a lifetime ban but this banner was factual and offends just him as i doubt her family would watch him playing a game,in bad taste certainly

In the US they have "felony murder" where any person who dies while you taking any part in a felony, it counts as murder. Obviously drink driving isn't a felony as no one has a worse and more lenient attitude to drink driving than the yanks, but there is a lot to be said for that sort of punishment, as although accidental, you really should have to take a hell of a lot more responsibility for killing someone while doing something so inherently dangerous and reckless

Beyond sad for anyone to even think of driving after a few drinks, especially someone eating thousands a week who could pay for a taxi or even a chauffeur to drive them around.

Amended for accuracy. ****s trick and should be inside.
I’m amazed this hasn’t been reported before, without the banner non of us would be any the wiser about what a **** he is.

The banner is factual, yes. But so would a similar banner saying ‘Manslaughterers’ a match involving Liverpool in relation to their involvement at Heysel.

Both factual, neither are appropriate in the context of a football match.

Maybe it was part of an drink driving awareness campaign. It wasn't on display in the ground according to the article and I can't really see much other reason for it at a match between Spurs and Huddersfield where Alonso obviously wasn't playing.

Anyway, if it was factual and only displayed outside the ground, I'm not sure what the big issue is with it really.

If nothing else, it seems to have highlighted something that for some reason didn't make headline news in the UK (or at least I and others on this thread didn't seem to know about it before).

I don't know the lad but I doubt he dances round his front room celebrating killing someone. My guess is he thinks about it every day and will regret his actions for the rest of his life. Him doing a few years inside might make us all feel like justice has been done and serve as some kind of deterrent to others and in some ways might have made it easier for him to live with what he's done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.