“We’ve been found out”

Clean sheets against shite teams doesn't really cut it. Can't score for toffee, forget about Fulham or Burnley,championship level teams. Marseille and the Greeks ditto. Something is very wrong and as yet I see no sign of the tide turning.
2 Cdms doesn't work, Inverted wingers isn't working no wonder Jesus is having to come deep all the time, Playing without someone like Sergio up front is our biggest problem

Sportsmen are all responsible for their own performance levels more so than any coach is.

They aren’t blameless, but coaches get too much blame for this sort of thing.

I think this is something Guardiola is really making a point of this season.

For a long time the players have hidden behind Guardiola and "the system". Whenever we lose its Pep's fault. Aguero misses a penalty in the spurs CL game and its Peps fault. We give up 2 easy goals in the Liverpool CL game and its Peps fault because Gundogan was on the pitch 60 yards away. Laporte gifts Lyon 2 goals, multiple players miss open nets and its Pep's fault.

I also think that's why people are complaining about not being attached to individuals in this team - the focus has always been on the system and the collective.

This season he seems to he saying its up to the players. If you make a mistake at the back, you're out of the team until someone else does.

If the 11 on the pitch get in a mess, sort it out yourselves, don't expect me to take you off so you're out of the spotlight, he picked a good enough team to win, he prepared them all week, showed them the opposition weaknesses - go win the game.

If the players want to win everything they need to learn some personal responsibility, win games themselves, not expect Pep to do it for them or hide behind him when they lose, because he can't be on the pitch with them to hold their hands when things get tough.

Some players will rise to that challenge - Stones seems like one of them already - and that is when we will finally replace the "big characters" that people want.

I think this is something Guardiola is really making a point of this season.

For a long time the players have hidden behind Guardiola and "the system". Whenever we lose its Pep's fault. Aguero misses a penalty in the spurs CL game and its Peps fault. We give up 2 easy goals in the Liverpool CL game and its Peps fault because Gundogan was on the pitch 60 yards away. Laporte gifts Lyon 2 goals, multiple players miss open nets and its Pep's fault.

I also think that's why people are complaining about not being attached to individuals in this team - the focus has always been on the system and the collective.

This season he seems to he saying its up to the players. If you make a mistake at the back, you're out of the team until someone else does.

If the 11 on the pitch get in a mess, sort it out yourselves, don't expect me to take you off so you're out of the spotlight, he picked a good enough team to win, he prepared them all week, showed them the opposition weaknesses - go win the game.

If the players want to win everything they need to learn some personal responsibility, win games themselves, not expect Pep to do it for them or hide behind him when they lose, because he can't be on the pitch with them to hold their hands when things get tough.

Some players will rise to that challenge - Stones seems like one of them already - and that is when we will finally replace the "big characters" that people want.

great, then he should stop picking the players who keep letting us down.

I dont get the whole idea of "we lost a core group of players" as an excuse...during the 2 famous years we dominated the same way without david silva on the pitch, without vincent kompany in squad(he was injured perpetually), and often without aguero.

For me, peps talk about mentality when he joined is looking borderline comical now...this new style, by its very appearance, is peps system being found out and the very fact we are setting up like a generic side is telling.

The thing is...if the system isnt the difference going forward then the players will have to be...but the club hasnt spent "big" for exceptional talent(debruyne aside who was a steal and teams slept on him) for years so i wont be getting my hopes up. I can see us inevitably scoffing at haaland fee's and penny pinching another incomplete article during the summer...same for the talented winger we desperately need.

This comment wont be liked, but i'm going to say it anyways...i feel like many of our attackers(sterling et al) were utterly flattered by the old system. In the more regular system we are now employing they are being exposed as not half the talent we assumed(i mean the amount of chances missed used to be a tell too). Its truly dissapointing.

In terms of who i rate now in this squad?

Steffen
Stones/Dias/Laporte
Cancelo(our best FB for me)
Foden/KDB
Torres/GJ(who 's real talent is not at CF for me...best feet in the team by far for me)
Aguero(but injured 75% of the season from this point it seems)

The rest have been a shitshow with the odd ok game. WTF has happened to eddy?

Last edited:
Listen it does fill me with great joy to type what I think to be the truth.

We won the milk cup last year. I dont think we`ll even win that.

I keep hearing people joke oh well we have changed our style to be more effective in the CL. Christ we have no change again imo.
I am confident we won't reach top 4!! Calm down will ya

I dont get the whole idea of "we lost a core group of players" as an excuse...during the 2 famous years we dominated the same way without david silva on the pitch, without vincent kompany in squad(he was injured perpetually), and often without aguero.

For me, peps talk about mentality when he joined is looking borderline comical now...this new style, by its very appearance, is peps system being found out and the very fact we are setting up like a generic side is telling.

The thing is...if the system isnt the difference going forward then the players will have to be...but the club hasnt spent "big" for exceptional talent(debruyne aside who was a steal and teams slept on him) for years so i wont be getting my hopes up. I can see us inevitably scoffing at haaland fee's and penny pinching another incomplete article during the summer...same for the talented winger we desperately need.

This comment wont be liked, but i'm going to say it anyways...i feel like many of our attackers(sterling et al) were utterly flattered by the old system. In the more regular system we are now employing they are being exposed as not half the talent we assumed(i mean the amount of chances missed used to be a tell too). Its truly dissapointing.

In terms of who i rate now in this squad?

Steffen
Stones/Dias/Laporte
Cancelo(our best FB for me)
Foden/KDB
Torres/GJ(who 's real talent is not at CF for me...best feet in the team by far for me)
Aguero(but injured 75% of the season from this point it seems)

The rest have been a shitshow with the odd ok game. WTF has happened to eddy?

The idea that a couple of league cup games without fucking up is enough for any Manchester City fan to say Steffen is great and Ederson is "a shitshow with the odd good game" is pretty maddening. Ederson who won a golden glove in behind a car crash of a defense last year and is currently on a run of 5 clean sheets in a row.

Really with fans like you, we don't need enemies.

Last edited:
To me it seems that our lack of goals/good chances is because front line doesn’t make the runs it used to so we’re just constantly playing in front of the opposition. I recall an interview from a couple of years back about playing in the City team and they said you can just make runs and to they’ll find you. But that seems to have mostly stopped.

You see the occasional run into space, maybe 1 a game, but then the frustration oh the frustration when the ball isn’t played and they don’t bother anymore.

I don’t know if this is Peps plan but if not I’d even be inclined to try Jesus, who is one of our most creative/intelligent players, as an CAM once Aguero is fit again and see if that gets this team going.

I just do t know where the movement went. The actions are all so rote and predictable. We hardly create any clear cut chances anymore. Everything is an individual run or a difficult half chance. I knew we would miss Silva but it just feels like his absence has hampered both our ability to play inch perfect passes and the teams willingness to make the runs

To me it seems that our lack of goals/good chances is because front line doesn’t make the runs it used to so we’re just constantly playing in front of the opposition. I recall an interview from a couple of years back about playing in the City team and they said you can just make runs and to they’ll find you. But that seems to have mostly stopped.

You see the occasional run into space, maybe 1 a game, but then the frustration oh the frustration when the ball isn’t played and they don’t bother anymore.

I don’t know if this is Peps plan but if not I’d even be inclined to try Jesus, who is one of our most creative/intelligent players, as an CAM once Aguero is fit again and see if that gets this team going.

Silva was a big part of that, you could play it into him in the final 3rd, he would shield it and then play a weighted pass into Sane who would dart through the lines. We are missing Aguero too, he can take the ball on the edge of the box and if it’s packed in the box he will go deep to get the ball leaving the centre half shitting his pants wondering whether to go out and follow him.

Only 11 games played after a late pre-season, could be five points off top if we win our game in hand, quarters of the league Cup, through to knockout stages of the champions league, granted we aren't on blob but fuck me how did you cope when we was in division 3?
Fuckin grow a pair pal, we'll be fine, it's still early doors.

A majority on here have become like the rags, entitled and arrogant.

People need to realise that the team that won the league with 100 points was the best ever Premier League team. In nearly 30 years of various players and managers that was the pinnacle.

We are almost certainly never going to reach those levels again just like Barca will never reach the levels they were at with Xavi and Iniesta.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.