1 thing i envy about Liverpool

TV stations like to perpetuate the myth by devoting 2 minutes before the game so they can cover that song they sing, always in the most reverential way possible. Viewers are left to marvel at the wonderful crowd...job done.

Well i stand by my op. I was on about european nights though, the amount they get behind the team is awesome. Im sure even Terry and Lampard have said something about the Anfield crowd on european nights.... I hate the scousers but on TV the atmosphere looks unreal..... Could be wrong!

rassclot said:
one thing i don't envy about liverpool - their season's over & they're not going to have european football next year.

they're not going to finish in the champions league places.

birmingham have already taken a europa league place by winning the carling cup.

whichever of bolton or stoke gets to the fa cup final will take another.

that leaves only 5th place for the final europa league place & they're not going to make that either.

they can't even make it via the fair play league. england are currently the country in 2nd place but liverpool are 10th in the pl fair play league & have no chance.

Top notch post! I hope you don't mind but I've nicked it to wind up some liverpool fans :)

rassclot said:
one thing i don't envy about liverpool - their season's over & they're not going to have european football next year.

that leaves only 5th place for the final europa league place & they're not going to make that either.

they can't even make it via the fair play league. england are currently the country in 2nd place but liverpool are 10th in the pl fair play league & have no chance.
Just read your post now.... Made my day lol

of course they've had a few amazing atmosphere's over the years but they've had plenty of amazing nights of football to inspire them.

city, in comparison, have had a shit time since i started going ('88) but when i think of the great atmospheres there are plenty.

i'm thinking united '89, liverpool '91, blackburn '93, chelsea '94, wigan '99, birmingham '00, portsmouth '02, united '04, hamburg '09, united '10, wolves '11.

these are off the top of my head and are over often miserable seasons where we have had the merest glimmer of light. liverpool in this time have had champions league semis and allsorts. give us those games and we'd match it.

Citizen_Ando said:
rassclot said:

Indeed. Suck on that bindippers.

wrong if us or united win it goes to 6th place not cup runners up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.