10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

His shooting isnt bad I dont think. He doesnt sky or miss by alot.

Its just that he massively telegraphs it because he "winds up" his shot for so long that its easy to read.

He needs to learn to take a "snap" shot quickly.

Shooting aside, brilliant.

If he learned to make a back post run he'd pick up 10 tap ins a season and be nominated for awards etc.

He just can never seem to time his runs.

His shooting isnt bad I dont think. He doesnt sky or miss by alot.

Its just that he massively telegraphs it because he "winds up" his shot for so long that its easy to read.

He needs to learn to take a "snap" shot quickly.

Shooting aside, brilliant.
Agreed. He delays the shot, should try to shoot quicker.

A good showing last night . Higher energy and eager to take on his man . A bit lacking in end product but played well.
He does need to work on his defensive duties. He gets to a point where he lets runners go and just points to where a colleague might want to be.

Wish he would add goals-assists to his game. he does most things well but imo he should give more headache to defenders by scoring few more instead of hitting block 9.5 times out of 10.
Doku neither did much since October in terms of assists-goals...

I thought he played well, but he takes forever to get his shot off. I don't think it's necesarily something that can be taught either. Foden has the natural ability to create time and space for his shot, which Jack doesn't.

I thought he played well, but he takes forever to get his shot off. I don't think it's necesarily something that can be taught either. Foden has the natural ability to create time and space for his shot, which Jack doesn't.
It's swinging that massive calf and trying to whack it as hard as he can every time - it takes an age

Thought he played well, his first touch to win the free kick for the first was incredible. Teams struggle to pressure us with him in the team because he never loses the ball, despite taking it in very tight places. Their full back did well against him second half but still very good on the whole

Those of us on here who were prepared to be patient with him during his difficult first season are now being vindicated. Playing for Pep is totally different to anything a player has experienced before. And the first season won't be a stroll; remember Rodri, and all those "Plodri" digs? As for those who don't like Jack (and there's a few of them); well, nothing he does will be good enough. C'est la vie.

Super Jack gets a lot of hate sometimes, but he always delivers in the big games. He had some bad luck with injuries etc. this season, so a lot of people quickly forgot how instrumental he is for us. I actually think he will get even better as well, because he can still definitely improve his shooting. There is a reason Pep started him away at Real Madrid despite not playing him as much this season. Crucial player for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.