10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

As long as Jack plays for City and gives his all he’s got my support. I’ve never booed a City player, except for Kit Simons in the friendly against Jamaica at Maine Road, but he really tested my loyalty that night.

And that's where opinion is divided. Half of us feel that Grealish was integral to winning a treble and half of us feel that we won a treble in spite of having a winger with an offensive contribution that would make Nathan Redmond feel like a fraud.

We aren't going to agree on it and that's fine. What bothers me is the way that any City fan who dares to say 'hey, maybe this guy who contributes less to our attack than Nolito did just isn't very good' is treated like an idiot who simply can't understand why being great at winning fouls is more valuable to the team than actually providing a cutting edge. Two games in a row now, he has offered no real threat and then been subbed off for Doku who instantly offered more going forward. But Doku gets more hate by far. Nolito got more hate by far. Mahrez, Jesus, Cancelo, Haaland, Torres, Alvarez... every single one of those guys offered far more in the attack than Grealish and every single one has been treated like shit compared to him.

I have never seen a City player more heavily defended than Jack, and I just don't get it.

Edited to add that I somehow forgot to even mention Raheem Sterling, who racked up something like 84 goals and 42 assists in the league alone for City. Jack is currently on 11 of each. You'll never guess which one the average City fan thought was more deserving of abuse.
Nolito? Come on mate, that's just disrespectful.

As long as Jack plays for City and gives his all he’s got my support. I’ve never booed a City player, except for Kit Simons in the friendly against Jamaica at Maine Road, but he really tested my loyalty that night.
Remember that game. Nicky Weaver's debut IIRC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.