11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

When you spend £50m on a player its difficult to describe him as a bargain , but when you consider the Rags paid £25m more for that waster Mount , he really is a bargain , very early days but imagine how good he will be in 12 months with Pep's input into his career , if he can achieve the level's of Leroy Sane but with a better mentailty then he is potentially world class.
Bargain when players his age are going for 100mil like Caicdo and Enzo … I think that is what the price being a bargain means. Also he is only 21 with potential he as great signing.

When you spend £50m on a player its difficult to describe him as a bargain , but when you consider the Rags paid £25m more for that waster Mount , he really is a bargain , very early days but imagine how good he will be in 12 months with Pep's input into his career , if he can achieve the level's of Leroy Sane but with a better mentailty then he is potentially world class.
Bargain when players his age are going for 100mil like Caicdo, Rice and Enzo

Players like Doku thriving in systems.

Sterling was/is the same. Brilliant under Pep until he saw his arse about rotation and then come alive again this season under Poch when he has a clear gameplan in mind for wingers.

It's strange with Doku because while his main strength is obviously unpredictability, his comments seem to suggest he prefers structure and stability in how the team around him play. Mind you, probably because the whole gameplan is geared towards getting him 1v1 and isolated against his marker.

His decision-making in the box has always been the knock on him but I thought he was let down by some runs, or lack thereof, when he got it in promising areas.

Still a very strong performance and I thought he worked extremely hard defensively in comparison to his first couple of games. He and Grealish will bring the best out of each other, I hope.

Love watching him play, he’s so exciting, his end delivery will improve with time on the training pitch…once the international games are done he can fully settle into the team and the patterns of play, hope he smashes Utd to bits next week.

Pep needs to be drilling him the cut inside and shoot all day until he starts curling them in. Had many good looking chances. Gonna need to improve that part of his game.

Also want to see left footed crosses that have quality.
If he can do both, he’ll be unplayable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.