19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Only half joking when I ask if he's shagging Peps daughter or something.

If De Bruyne and Haaland are fit he should be on the bench like last season.

I said before the game picking him over Kovacic would kill us and I feel pretty vindicated right now.

However I don’t think Pep has ever made a tactical “overthink” that I haven’t thought was a totally fair decision when he’s explained it, so hopefully he is asked about the decision and his reasoning in the press conference.
You realize its as simple as:

Alvarez is a better goal scorer than Kovacic, we had Bernue, Rodri and Stones for control.

That will be his answer if ever asked.

I think we need to sell him.

It’s a square peg in a round hole thing.

Too good for bench, too good to be a deputy, absolutely nowhere near good enough to play anywhere but as a 9.

Is he better than Jesus or Torres? 100% is.

Is he better than Jesus or Torres for a squad role at City? Not at all.

It’s weird, but top teams are ruthless with this stuff and we don’t want to drop off trying to be stubborn, that’s how all top teams fail eventually.

In terms of performances, The Alvarez "experiment" hasnt worked against mid table sides, so why would it work against Liverpool at Anfield?

Pep sometimes has a habit of persisting with things until they start working, but I think it's time to give up on this one.
He’s only been here since 2016, if you haven’t figured out by now Pep is a stubborn buggar, you never will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.