24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Probably had his best performance in a City shirt to date, will be an excellent signing.
He's been superb from day one.

People seems to forget he's only 22, incredible the way he has settled and the number of games he's played.

Compare that to the likes of Grealish and Phillips and the time and excuses they were given in settling in or not in Phillips case.

Yet people slag off Gvardiol, weird people on here at times.

He's been superb from day one.

People seems to forget he's only 22, incredible the way he has settled and the number of games he's played.

Compare that to the likes of Grealish and Phillips and the time and excuses they were given in settling in or not in Phillips case.

Yet people slag off Gvardiol, weird people on here at times.
Exactly. New league, new country, just turned 22, no pre-season. Brilliant from day 1. Incredible yesterday.

The sooner Pep plays him at centre half, the better. He’s a great temp left back, but he’s wasted there.

I really rate this guy however he really can be careless with his passing and on 2/3 occasions yesterday he gave the ball away which lead to dangerous breaks for Arsenal….I’m sure Pep will sort this out….fantastic potential and could eventually see him taking on the Stones role.

Heres the thing.

Was he good yesterday, yes!

Was his passing and control good, yes!

Is he really a threat out wide... I dont think so.

He is simply too slow, and lacks the crossing technique for it.

Its not really his fault though, he will never be a world class LB due to this though.

If he was a LB like last seasons, half LB/CB then he can be world class with his passing from deep and on the ball ability.

Heres the thing.

Was he good yesterday, yes!

Was his passing and control good, yes!

Is he really a threat out wide... I dont think so.

He is simply too slow, and lacks the crossing technique for it.

Its not really his fault though, he will never be a world class LB due to this though.

If he was a LB like last seasons, half LB/CB then he can be world class with his passing from deep and on the ball ability.
He will play CB he is learning his trade at LB under Pep

He will play CB he is learning his trade at LB under Pep
I think its temporary and out of necessity as he is the only option.

But I think Id rather Rodri play CB and continie last seasons CB into midfield role more.

But Pep doesnt want to make Rodri do that.

I hope Gvardiol can learn it because that unlocks the ultimate potential of the team.

Akanji cant quite do it.

Gvardiol does suffer from lapses in concentration along with occasional sloppy passing which is at the minute is still not ideal to be played centrally in Pep's set up. Give it a year then he would probably trusted more to play as a centre back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.