31 | Ederson - 2023/24

He is the best keeper in the land and all the world.
Simples.

He is the " real modern" keeper.
Anyone as old as me can recall how the keeper rules have changed.

The days of a keeper being barged by a burly forward, being allowed to pick up a backpass and having to kick a ball outside their penalty area directly are all gone.

Edersons attributes are his ball skills and reading of a game, coming off his line, never seems to get " fussed" plus his ability to pass the ball as good as most outfield players.

His ability at crosses and shot stopping may not be as good as some of the very best keepers and his penalty saves are certainly not good enough but I doubt there is any keeper in the world that would fit in better to a " Pep" team.

It might be a different story if he were playing with Luton or Sheffield United where shots are raining down on him with little chance of him using his footballing skills.

Fortunately he is playing with us and we should appreciate the madness, entertainment and skill that he brings.

We've had the likes of Seaman, James, Schmeichel and Hart, all world class keepers and probably ranked higher as keepers but Pep wouldnt swap anyone of them for Ederson.

Think that's just an impact thing, ortega will play in the cup so he's got 2 weeks to heal. Unfortunate, we definitely should be making a fuss over these injuries werebsuffering because of the rules.

Mental decision from him/the medical team to let him try carry on when he couldn't stand, should have cost us a goal

Mental decision from him/the medical team to let him try carry on when he couldn't stand, should have cost us a goal
Utterly mental. They saw that gaping hole in his thigh and thought he'd be fine? Surely not. I don't think even asked him to try jogging or kicking a ball before deeming him fit to carry on.

We will miss his distribution as Ortega is awful at that. Someone needs to remind him we play in blue

Utterly mental. They saw that gaping hole in his thigh and thought he'd be fine? Surely not. I don't think even asked him to try jogging or kicking a ball before deeming him fit to carry on.
Exactly. We didn't see that hole but even so it was obvious to us he could barely stand yet he's given the okay to play on? Our medical staff are superb but Pep should be asking a few questions about that.

It looks bad, but at least the fact that it's a "flesh wound" is probably a good sign for the long term as long as there isn't any underlying muscle damage.

Hopefully he'll be ok for Burnley. He's the sort of player who won't be fully appreciated until he's not in the team.

GDwBmUuXsAAvR9u

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.