31 Years Ago Today Full Members Cup Final At Wembley

Yeah was a great weekend, and playing 2 games in 2 days was brilliant.

The players would die of a heart attack at the mere thought of that nowadays!!!

Great memories of that weekend, i was only 11, no one would take me, and i sat listening to it on the radio live and really thought we'd get to 5-5. Still wish i'd been to the game.

My first trip to Wembley, was only 5... my dad drove a minibus from the city club with his mates taking turns at the wheel. It was no place for a 5 year old but I remember it vividly. Like the rest, we left early, think we were half way home when the final score came through (:
I'm sure your vivid memories like me wasn't so much the football but the running battles with Chelsea on the terraces

We went from woodhouse park the northenden branch where did it go from the spread eagle/church area

I'm trying to remember who organised the bus, think it was a guy that ran a junior Sunday football team, can't believe it was so long ago.

I remember two coaches going from the Hat and Feathers Mason Street just off Rochdale rd,great day and top lads on those coaches,also lots of booze was drunk before the trip and on the way to London.I remember last year someone posted photos from the trip,how do you find them again.
I used to go with them a lot. They used to leave from the Land o' cakes which always opened around 6.30am for far away games, back door job. Then after trouble after one derby they used the hat and feathers. Same early starts. Some of the lads were Royal Mail workers on Newton St and would finish their night shift and go straight to the Cakes or Feathers, a few drinks, sleep on the journey there and back and straight into work as we arrived back.
The lad who ran it, can't think of his name but he was a big Alarm fan, always had an Alarm t shirt on and watched them everywhere.

Just remembered his name was George

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.