5 | John Stones - 2023/24

It surprised me that Stones decide to even participate in the EUROS given how poor his injury record is. Every EURO he has came back injured. He knows very well that CITY play a lot of games and he misses a lion share of those games, yet he insisted on getting another cap, why would he do that, given his fitness levels?

He missed almost 45% of CITY games in the premier league with his injury record, which is very alarming, yet being injury prone still goes on to feature for ENGLAND. He is needed at double pivot, CDM, LB and CB if anything goes wrong to Rodri, Walker or any player in those positions. We are 3rd on the table, 3 horse title race, with 10 games remaining, meaning its crunch time and we have a suspect defense and we are participating in 3 competitions. We have been plagued with injuries and yet Stones goes on to feature for ENGLAND, which he knows very well, he is always guaranteed that he will come back injured. Why he did that, its just beyond me.

Every EURO season, STONES plays an average of 15-games for us in the premier league. Which is very poor.

Outside the EURO season, he manages to play an average of 24-games for us in the premier league, which is on the end of average for a top senior CB. His is our highest paid defender, good player, but with him missing majority of the games, is a very bad return. His heart is willing to feature for both team and nation, but his flesh is weak. He should just get his priorities sorted.

He should call it quits on the internationals, he will be 30 soon, he is injured every season for long spells of time and that has become a massive inconvenience, because we are now forced to buy defenders almost every season now, when we could use that money to cover more pressing and agent positions.
He gets injured playing for us too. Most of us don't give a shit about what he does for England, but put yourself in his shoes - won literally everything with us and has a chance to join a very select few to ever win anything with England. Of course he's going to do all he can to achieve that, which unfortunately for us means playing shite friendlies that we wish he didn't

He gets injured playing for us too. Most of us don't give a shit about what he does for England, but put yourself in his shoes - won literally everything with us and has a chance to join a very select few to ever win anything with England. Of course he's going to do all he can to achieve that, which unfortunately for us means playing shite friendlies that we wish he didn't
Outside the EURO season, he manages to play an average of 24-games for us in the premier league, which is on the end of average for a top senior CB. His is our highest paid defender, good player, but with him missing majority of the games, is a very bad return. His heart is willing to feature for both team and nation, but his flesh is weak. He should just get his priorities sorted.
What I wrote means, that I acknowledge that he gets injured with us too. Hence 24-games on average for us, when not participating in the EUROs.

What I am saying is that with that knowledge, knowing that his too injury prone, and worst, every time he goes to the EUROS, he comes back guaranteed injured. Why does he continue to do it, given that he can barely finish a season with us, without being involved in the EUROS injury free.

For him winning all with us and then winning all with ENGLAND is a pipe dream, his flesh is too weak for such a feat. He is too injury prone. Instead he is making his team suffer because of that. So should we lose the premier league because STONES has pipe dreams of winning something with ENGLAND, even if his body is incapable of being available for such a feat? England might as well win the world cup and EUROs, STONE will certainly be out injured and probably not be in the winning squad or not selected because of the injuries he would have sustained. We all dream, but some dreams are limited by our capabilities. Stones is just incapable of staying fit the entire season, no matter what is on the line.

We need him now, now that is crunch time. We might potentially lose the league and other competitions and his not here to provide that brilliant service we know he can, because he over-reached, which he does every season, with the same results. Repeating the same thing and expecting different results. By now he should be aware of his limitations and capabilities.

Last edited:
The complete turn-around of Stones - versus the player he was some 5 or so years ago is remarkable.

A half-decade ago, Stones was really great - most of the time. But every 3rd game or so he'd lose his mind and commit an awful gaff. Normally that would be OK - but playing as CB, that's unforgiveable. A passing mistake by a forward or midfielder might lead to a turn-over which eventually could be rectified - a passing mistake by a CB, on the other hand, may prove fatal with no chance of redemption - resulting in a goal for the opposition.

Kudos to Stones for eliminating the gaffs in his game - and kudos too for Pep for sticking with him. Stones is one of our very best CBs and no longer is prone to the every-third-game fatal gaff which previously plagued his career.

Last edited:
Thanks mate, I've been worrying about it. It's nice of you to put my mind at rest.

:)

PS. Pep's piss must boil over this friendly shite.
Waste of time, not just because of the injuries but just the fact that it's the business end of the season with too much going on.
Hopefully next year they'll either reduce it to just one game or scrap it altogether.

What I wrote means, that I acknowledge that he gets injured with us too. Hence 24-games on average for us, when not participating in the EUROs.

What I am saying is that with that knowledge, knowing that his too injury prone, and worst, every time he goes to the EUROS, he comes back guaranteed injured. Why does he continue to do it, given that he can barely finish a season with us, without being involved in the EUROS injury free.

For him winning all with us and then winning all with ENGLAND is a pipe dream, his flesh is too weak for such a feat. He is too injury prone. Instead he is making his team suffer because of that. So should we lose the premier league because STONES has pipe dreams of winning something with ENGLAND, even if his body is incapable of being available for such a feat? England might as well win the world cup and EUROs, STONE will certainly be out injured and probably not be in the winning squad or not selected because of the injuries he would have sustained. We all dream, but some dreams are limited by our capabilities. Stones is just incapable of staying fit the entire season, no matter what is on the line.

We need him now, now that is crunch time. We might potentially lose the league and other competitions and his not here to provide that brilliant service we know he can, because he over-reached, which he does every season, with the same results. Repeating the same thing and expecting different results. By now he should be aware of his limitations and capabilities.

Are you selling that crystal ball you've got?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.