5th Round - confirmed Sunday 4pm kick off

I agree mate

Back in the day e.g. the 70's teams played in all these competitions with a squad of 12 or 13 players week in week out and not one complaint from anyone

Ok-running with your point. 'Back in the day'-how would that team play with 6/7 of those 12 or 13 injured?

Times have changed. We have to almost give up on the Chelsea game. There really is no other option.

I can see you take a 'tough love' approach to management!

Not really, players are individuals so one formula doesn't work. Funny though I've seen interviews with load of players and they all to a man say they love it "when the games come think and fast"
Most prefer to play games with light training in between.

Let's face it Pellegrini's constant rotation of players has worked wonders for the last 18 months!

Same number of injuries as Liverpool have, almost half as many as United.

It's just all excuses and something to whinge about.
Frankly that's rubbish.
Fact remains, that 1-2 more injuries, practically anywhere and we will run out of first team players. For the starting XI, forget the bench.
And unlike those other two teams, we also have a number if those players who are a) just back from injury or b) have played an enormous amount of games to cover for other injured players.

And you simply gloss over one unimportant detail.
The Fa CHOSE to schedule our match at the worst, the very worst possible slot for us considering we have two extremely critical matches in the very next week.
Do you think they would have plonked Manure or Chelsea in the sat 12.30 pm slot, "no excuses?"

Ok-running with your point. 'Back in the day'-how would that team play with 6/7 of those 12 or 13 injured?

Times have changed. We have to almost give up on the Chelsea game. There really is no other option.

I don't think you've read the post trail on this one

I haven't made any negative comment about having injured players and playing the kids, which I fully agree with

My points were only about people complaining when we have to play Sun/Wed/Sun and that nobody complained about it being like that "back in the day"

That's why Ian Bowyer played in the ECWC final when Buzzer was injured

Frankly that's rubbish.
Fact remains, that 1-2 more injuries, practically anywhere and we will run out of first team players. For the starting XI, forget the bench.
And unlike those other two teams, we also have a number if those players who are a) just back from injury or b) have played an enormous amount of games to cover for other injured players.

And you simply gloss over one unimportant detail.
The Fa CHOSE to schedule our match at the worst, the very worst possible slot for us considering we have two extremely critical matches in the very next week.
Do you think they would have plonked Manure or Chelsea in the sat 12.30 pm slot, "no excuses?"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-derby-disadvantage-because-6670126

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...inho-unhappy-about-his-teams-fixture-schedule

Sunday to Wednesday is enough recovery time with light training.

I don't think you've read the post trail on this one

I haven't made any negative comment about having injured players and playing the kids, which I fully agree with

My points were only about people complaining when we have to play Sun/Wed/Sun and that nobody complained about it being like that "back in the day"

That's why Ian Bowyer played in the ECWC final when Buzzer was injured

Fair enough-Frustrating situation though mate. BBC will run with 1) we are devaluing the Cup 2) despite spending billions on our academy, its crap...

You need to factor in the most important issues: we run the risk of not being to able to field a senior eleven and sitting on a plane for several hours so soon after a game is far from suitable.

One of the prices of success.

I'm sure Kiev are thrilled playing the tie at 21.45 local time just to accommodate UEFA's TV audiences.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.