9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Tactically neutered by Pep right now.

His ability to play round corners and hold the ball up for runners off him is brilliant yet only been used once - at home to Arsenal last year when he was fantastic and never again afterwards.

we need to create chances for him. but defenses adapt, and close him off and close off the supply line too. we need to be quicker more creative going forward simple as that.

17 goals scored in 8 games not the best. almost all top half clubs scored same or more except rags.

also an issue the distribution of goals, the rest of the team hardly scoring outside Haaland. everyone needs to chip in with more goals as we lost a lot of goals for Mahrez, Gundo, KDB.

Feel he could have got his head on that Gvardiol cross in the first half, but that aside no real service.
However, the ability to create a chance for yourself wouldn’t go amiss

This was always my issue with haaland. Was a big advocate of Kane over haaland as I believe haaland is far more limited in his all round play than Kane. It has made us a lot easier to defend against imo. Obviously haaland is a world class striker just think he would suit a counter attacking side more than a highly technical side like us.

He'll score many goals again. It's normal to have such periods, especially after the heights of last season.

This was always my issue with haaland. Was a big advocate of Kane over haaland as I believe haaland is far more limited in his all round play than Kane. It has made us a lot easier to defend against imo. Obviously haaland is a world class striker just think he would suit a counter attacking side more than a highly technical side like us.
So easy to defend against that we blitzed Bayern Munich, blew Real Madrid to pieces, and crushed Arsenal on our way to winning the treble literally four months ago.

He'll come good again.

I agree he doesn't have the service right now, but his wages are the highest, he has to show more. Press and run like crazy if you see that the service is not the best. You cannot be in the talk for the best in the world if you are only good when the rest of the team is good.

Not to mention how much Kane would help us when De Bruyne is missing due to his ability to drop deep and spread the ball about. Haaland can't pass wind, it's just not a part of his game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.