9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Ignoring his performance, is anyone else surprised to hear Pep say Haaland asked to come off? KDB makes sense, he’s 32, his position on the pitch requires more exertion of energy. But Haaland? Let’s be real, he’s not exactly busting a gut for the majority of matches is he? He shouldn’t be more fatigued than others. And he’s literally one of our few penalty takers, if not the only one of note. The guy should not be taking himself off the pitch in those circumstances imo. If the manager wants him off that’s different.
Injured

He seems to be performing at a lower level than last year. But if he has a middling end to the season, he will still end up with a total in the mid thirties in all competitions (27 at the moment). And that's before you take into account the injury he had in the middle of the season. Problem is, he'll be judged on what he did last season. Which was freakish. 36 goals in 35 PL games was ludicrous.

Obvious he's playing injured. Don't see why we dont just let him get back right and play Alvarez. We need Erling to be a physical monster, if hes just going to limp around and hope for tap ins then its like playing with 10 men. I think its that simple as he was playing really well before his foot injury in my opinion.

Obvious he's playing injured. Don't see why we dont just let him get back right and play Alvarez. We need Erling to be a physical monster, if hes just going to limp around and hope for tap ins then its like playing with 10 men. I think its that simple as he was playing really well before his foot injury in my opinion.
Its looking that way. i think he needs the summer to get right. Might be more to the toe/fracture thing.

we don't create enough chances for him. He will continue to play like this and score at his current rate until we do.

We’ve got according to most the best number 6 in the world in Rodri, the most creative player the PL has ever seen in KDB and one of the most gifted young players in the world in Foden trying to create those chances
Do you not think it’s simply because playing top professional footballers who can set up to defend and be brilliantly organised rather than a failure on those looking to create
Maybe rather than someone doing nothing other than waiting to finish the move off if the others manage to carve one out for him, that we could do with someone who can join in and link up with those players against the parked bus and god forbid maybe even create a chance for himself?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.