A Bit More of City Dissapears.........

Immaculate Pasta said:
jrb said:
You won't see many M&S staff transfering to Aldi.

That's not the same is it? They are still doing the same job, selling the same gear, in the same place. It's just that KitBag pays their wages and not the club.

Hence they no longer work for Manchester City FC. Yet 20 yards away their mates are still working for Manchester City FC.

jrb said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
That's not the same is it? They are still doing the same job, selling the same gear, in the same place. It's just that KitBag pays their wages and not the club.

Hence they no longer work for Manchester City FC. Yet 20 yards away their mates are still working for Manchester City FC.

I reckon they need to get a life if they are that bothered about being employed by the club. I mean when they get asked the question
"What do you do?" they are hardly going to say "i work for Kitbag" are they?

Immaculate Pasta said:
jrb said:

I reckon they need to get a life if they are that bothered about being employed by the club. I mean when they get asked the question

We all have different ideas about what's important in life.

I would assume, but I'm just guessing, most of those people affected by this wanted to 'work for City' in whatever capacity they could get. That was probaly the inital factor along with actually getting the job. The fact that the job was at City was an added bonus. No need to explain why.(I'm sure we'd all like to work for City, given the right job and conditions)

Yes some of them will still be working in the store, but they will no longer be working for City. Hence me asking whether they will still be offered the perks and privilages they used to get whilst working for City? It would be nice to think that the club would at least let them keep any perks they received while they were employed by City. Not much to ask for really.

S04 said:
cyberblue said:
Never heard of KitBag why do MCFC have to employ a private outfit ? must be uncertain times for the people that work there

You have never heard of kitbag..The biggest online sports retailer in Europe?

Why we have to employ a private outfit?..Because right now the City merchandising department is way behind the big outfits.

City's retail and merchandising has been poor for many years and this move as i understand from someone inside the club is to position the club to sgrow it's presence both in better product ranges in the store and a much better presence on the internet - how many times on here in the last year have you heard complaints about piss poor internet site for retail etc? to me this makes real sense to give the club a leading retail business with a proven leader to match the other developments right across the club.

As i understand it, all the staff currently working for city in retail and retail support will transfer over to kitbag with same terms and conditions as they have. no forced layoffs and the club making sure it's people are looked after.

TopFloorGuy said:
S04 said:
You have never heard of kitbag..The biggest online sports retailer in Europe?

Why we have to employ a private outfit?..Because right now the City merchandising department is way behind the big outfits.

City's retail and merchandising has been poor for many years and this move as i understand from someone inside the club is to position the club to sgrow it's presence both in better product ranges in the store and a much better presence on the internet - how many times on here in the last year have you heard complaints about piss poor internet site for retail etc? to me this makes real sense to give the club a leading retail business with a proven leader to match the other developments right across the club.

As i understand it, all the staff currently working for city in retail and retail support will transfer over to kitbag with same terms and conditions as they have. no forced layoffs and the club making sure it's people are looked after.

That's fair enough TFG.

Can I tell you what's piss poor. The choice and offering of merchandise. I went in the store on Wednesday and there's nothing exciting to buy. I'd be quite happy to part with my money if I honestly felt something was worth buying, but it wasn't.

However, what was good was the staff service. They were polite(always are), asked if I needed any help and they were quite willing to have a brief chat. As far as I'm concerned the issue isn't the staff, it's the lack of Merchandise to buy. Now that goes higher up the food chain. That's where the money is lost and not on the shopfloor.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Does anyone really give a shit about who you work for? They will still be selling City gear in the City Store or is the CityStore moving to Middleton?
pmsl

jrb said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

I would assume, but I'm just guessing, most of those people affected by this wanted to 'work for City' in whatever capacity they could get. That was probaly the inital factor along with actually getting the job. The fact that the job was at City was an added bonus. No need to explain why.(I'm sure we'd all like to work for City, given the right job and conditions)

Yes some of them will still be working in the store, but they will no longer be working for City. Hence me asking whether they will still be offered the perks and privilages they used to get whilst working for City? It would be nice to think that the club would at least let them keep any perks they received while they were employed by City. Not much to ask for really.

Fucking hell - they are shop assistants.

If working for City is the be all and end all then they can go for other jobs at City as it isn't about the job aparently.

I would love to work for City also but they do not offer the line of work I do. That does not make me cry about it. I also have to make do with just supporting City and not working for them. As do 99.9% of people on here.

The greater good (ie City streamlining and getting into gear to be a big club is more important in my opinion.)

SWP's back said:
jrb said:

If working for City is the be all and end all then they can go for other jobs at City as it isn't about the job aparently.

I would love to work for City also but they do not offer the line of work I do. That does not make me cry about it. I also have to make do with just supporting City and not working for them. As do 99.9% of people on here.

The greater good (ie City streamlining and getting into gear to be a big club is more important in my opinion.)

Fucking hell!(I can shout as well)

No they are not shop assistants. They are people. A shop assistant is a title that describes what they do for a living. There is a subtle difference, which is obviously lost on you.

Your not getting it are you?(read what I've wrote) On second thoughts don't bother. Not much point in wasting my time as well as yours.

SWP's back said:
jrb said:

This.

Opposite Aerospace you say ? Can someone call in the Chinese Seafood Restaurant above the cash & carry and pick me up some Dim Sum and a bottle of Saki ? Cheers .
Jib through Newton Heath and New Moston and you're more or less there . Fifteen minutes on a bike , five minutes in a car .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.