A Bit More of City Dissapears.........

Immaculate Pasta said:
jrb said:
You won't see many M&S staff transfering to Aldi.

That's not the same is it? They are still doing the same job, selling the same gear, in the same place. It's just that KitBag pays their wages and not the club.

You have a valid point. For those few who are kept on. Nothing's been confirmed yet that people will lose their jobs, but logistically the current numbers just do not fit with the new operational models suggested at the initial meeting. For those few, yes they will still be selling City gear from the CityStore at the COMS, but for many of the so called 'casual' workers like myself it's a different story.

I'm not in a position where I can pick up a full time or 30hr contract, as part of my year I'm at Uni, so the hours I can work vary week to week, which is why a casual basis works really well for both the club and me - under the new regime, everyone will be contracted - so I will go from working 4 days a week for City, to working match days for Kitbag. It is nowhere near enough to be able to pay my rent as a mature student, so even though I love my job at City (and even though I'm pretty much a City fan by default now, even though I'm from another part of the country!) I find myself in the position where I'm having to look for another job when I really don't want to leave... :(

daveduke67 said:
CITYMANCS-REJECT said:
...City getting rid of people doesn't affect me but will cause people some headaches at home...

Although City are getting rid of people, they are transfering their contracts to Kitbag. Nobody is losing their job as such.

Be careful not to make comments based on other peoples misleading, and often wrong, statements rather than the OPs.

I admire your commitment to the environment though. Now switch off your computer and stop wasting electricity!

Don't mention the Y**s. I mention them once but I think I got away with it alright.

If they are all getting KitBag contracts then fair enough thats all good then.

I got rid of the car so i don't feel guilty about not doing the councils job on recycling, stick it all in one bin, let the Liverpool fans do the sorting out!

As for wasting electricity, since starting this job I have halved the power usage on all the server kit I have to support by implementing a VMWare setup. Bit of a nightmare at first but definite savings over the previous old power drainers!

TBH City is over staffed across the board in my opinion.(yes I could be wrong) Perhaps when ADUG took over they wanted to fast forward the way the club was run off the pitch(as well as on it) and employed extra staff to do this.

From my experiance of City it seems a very structured 'company', with layers upon layers of management going down to the bottom. That's not a criticism or to say it doesn't work. However, for any business there comes a point when you have to look at staffing levels and costs. Once that point has been reached were you have everything covered and everything is running efficiently, you then have to look at the company again and see where you can make new/further savings. Unfortunately apart from running costs(flights, hire cars, hotels), utilities, etc, the biggest saving to be made is via reducung staffing levels.

Perhaps City are at that point as well as outsourcing their merchandising operation?

CITYMANCS-REJECT said:
daveduke67 said:
Although City are getting rid of people, they are transfering their contracts to Kitbag. Nobody is losing their job as such.

Be careful not to make comments based on other peoples misleading, and often wrong, statements rather than the OPs.

I admire your commitment to the environment though. Now switch off your computer and stop wasting electricity!

Don't mention the Y**s. I mention them once but I think I got away with it alright.

If they are all getting KitBag contracts then fair enough thats all good then.

I got rid of the car so i don't feel guilty about not doing the councils job on recycling, stick it all in one bin, let the Liverpool fans do the sorting out!

As for wasting electricity, since starting this job I have halved the power usage on all the server kit I have to support by implementing a VMWare setup. Bit of a nightmare at first but definite savings over the previous old power drainers!

im guessing your not a fan of jeremy clarkson

I am thinking of travelling from Ashton to middleton in the next couple of days, can anyone tell me of any hotels en route that i could stay at?

Happy Feet said:
I am thinking of travelling from Ashton to middleton in the next couple of days, can anyone tell me of any hotels en route that i could stay at?

i usually use a lay by to kip in when i have to travel from chadderton to middleton, hate being away from home but you have to go where the work is

Happy Feet said:

See if the Sheiks plane is free - after all, he hardly uses it.

Happy Feet said:

Lol very good.

Just a point I picked up on from the guy who provided the letter. He stated that if it all goes well then the club will be opening a bigger store in the center of town, creating more jobs. Surely this is a good thing. Even those who want to work for the club would conceed that having even one more person in work is far more important than them working for kitbag rather than the club?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.