A renewal of my belief

Exactly. Look we are out of the title this season so getting these unlucky results and ref decisions is by the by. We have a very promising future with the players we have.

It was a thread about the bigger picture written at half time before the refereeing controversies. Take away ongoing issues like the defending etc the pattern of play adapted by Pep, the two interiors of Kdb and Silva as playmakers and the likes of Sane/Sterling/Jesus as playmakers stretching sides out wide bodes well for the future.

Tactically, besides the system dominating possession we also saw the continuation of the inventive set pieces and Sanes runs from outside to in creating a goal like it did against Arsenal. Plenty to look forward too.

It was a thread about the bigger picture written at half time before the refereeing controversies. Take away ongoing issues like the defending etc the pattern of play adapted by Pep, the two interiors of Kdb and Silva as playmakers and the likes of Sane/Sterling/Jesus as playmakers stretching sides out wide bodes well for the future.

Tactically, besides the system dominating possession we also saw the continuation of the inventive set pieces and Sanes runs from outside to in creating a goal like it did against Arsenal. Plenty to look forward too.

Yeah I agree. We dominate possession but always looked forward. Really feel for the boys, they deserved 3 points today.

There has been many failings in recruitment, a lack of balance in key positions but first half today, Chelsea and United. Full game against Barca and the second half against Arsenal the team and football has been nothing short of spectacular. Its as good as I have ever seen.

Its a renewal of my faith in what we are attempting to achieve and another example of what a wonderfully innovative manager we have.

Good post Frank. I was going to offer something similar myself. Considering the opposition today I thought we were sensational. More so than against Arsenal or Barcelona you'd could see what we're planning long term. Sane was excellent and I thought Jesus looked full of promise. I don't think Aguero has to worry about the latter though so much as Sterling, whose touch is still too inconsistent for me. I hope we can eke another couple of years out of Spanish Dave as well, time in which to groom Diaz to succeed him.

There are still issues of course - 2 shots resulted in 2 goals again - and I suspect we'll be back to the same old frustrating disappointment when Swansea come and park a gigantic white bus in front of us in a couple of weeks. Today though, despite having been utterly shafted by the officials again, I am unusually upbeat. In an even contest we are as good as any team in the world. I think the Prem is beyond us this season and maybe even top 4 will be difficult, but the Chimps League might not be.

Good post Frank. I was going to offer something similar myself. Considering the opposition today I thought we were sensational. More so than against Arsenal or Barcelona you'd could see what we're planning long term. Sane was excellent and I thought Jesus looked full of promise. I don't think Aguero has to worry about the latter though so much as Sterling, whose touch is still too inconsistent for me. I hope we can eke another couple of years out of Spanish Dave as well, time in which to groom Diaz to succeed him.

There are still issues of course - 2 shots resulted in 2 goals again - and I suspect we'll be back to the same old frustrating disappointment when Swansea come and park a gigantic white bus in front of us in a couple of weeks. Today though, despite having been utterly shafted by the officials again, I am unusually upbeat. In an even contest we are as good as any team in the world. I think the Prem is beyond us this season and maybe even top 4 will be difficult, but the Chimps League might not be.

I am very upbeat about the performance. I have to hold my hands up and say when I looked at the side I was concerned, but Pep fought fire with fire and backed our players to outplay the Spurs press. They did it magnificently.

I also think Sterling is the under pressure. Its that frailty in front of goal and booms and slumps in confidence which drag him back. We were completely robbed today but I just wish we had that decisiveness in front of goal to alleviate the issue.

Sane was a massive bonus again today and most pleading at twenty years of age he is influencing the biggest matches, similar to Chelsea and Arsenal.

Agreed that we saw flashes of what pep wants in terms of play. Its just that we don't have the personnel to play like that for a full game.

The early quick press we did, at times, was awesome and put us on on goal on a couple of occasions. In my opinion we don't have the personnel to keep it going for a full game yet.

As for the ref, yes its for a different thread but if we took our chances in first half it wouldn't have mattered.

All in all, disappointed with the result but can see the building blocks and development, will just take longer than we expected to rule the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.