A small dilemma - help needed

So here goes. Any sensible advise much appreciated.

So I am off to Newport this Saturday. Problem is the mrs doesn’t know yet.

Was planning to inform her tonight but the reaction to my late arrival home and chocolates instead of flowers meant it was probably not the time.

Don’t worry it gets worse. I am on the piss in Cardiff on Saturday night and back Sunday.

Having just successfully pulled the situation around tonight with a trip to Sainsbury’s and a decent bunch of flowers I also need to navigate the fact we have a holiday booked (Spain) with her family next Wednesday for an anniversary and I can’t go as I have a hand over of a building at work. Also the small matter of being at Wembley on the Sunday which I am taking my kids to and we don’t get back from the holiday I am not going on until the Monday.

She has just said I can’t wait for the two weekends and some quality time together.

Neither can I but for other reasons such as a new ground and a cup final?

How do I get out of this small dilemma while keeping her happy. Missing either match is not happening.

Ps she has a temper like that blonde women road rage killer from about twenty years back.

Advise please?

I’ll have your Newport ticket and I’ll pop to Spain with her for a few days if that helps?

So here goes. Any sensible advise much appreciated.

So I am off to Newport this Saturday. Problem is the mrs doesn’t know yet.

Was planning to inform her tonight but the reaction to my late arrival home and chocolates instead of flowers meant it was probably not the time.

Don’t worry it gets worse. I am on the piss in Cardiff on Saturday night and back Sunday.

Having just successfully pulled the situation around tonight with a trip to Sainsbury’s and a decent bunch of flowers I also need to navigate the fact we have a holiday booked (Spain) with her family next Wednesday for an anniversary and I can’t go as I have a hand over of a building at work. Also the small matter of being at Wembley on the Sunday which I am taking my kids to and we don’t get back from the holiday I am not going on until the Monday.

She has just said I can’t wait for the two weekends and some quality time together.

Neither can I but for other reasons such as a new ground and a cup final?

How do I get out of this small dilemma while keeping her happy. Missing either match is not happening.

Ps she has a temper like that blonde women road rage killer from about twenty years back.

Advise please?
Brick her windows, torch her car and bang her sister.

Seem to remember a few years ago the Premier inn was the solution or was it a Travelodge?

Premier inn. It was funny when I sighned in there I used to have to give my address and it was about 50 yards away from my house.

Re Newport. Just say you are going out for a loaf of bread. When you arrive home tell her there was a terrible mix up and you got nicked for somebody elses crime. You have been bailed but you had to surrender your passport.
Re Wembley, tell her you are answering your bail and I didn't understand the bit about your kids so ring Barnados and they can have them for the weekend.

Never really understood why people have to tiptoe around each other, and that probably explains to some degree why I've been married and divorced twice.

Really can't stand the subterfuge of some marriages/relationships. It's soul destroying.

Used this one myself. Tell her you’ve got a big problem in work and you got to sort it out by Monday morning. Of course, you’ll need to work through the night to get it done.

This is more what I was looking for.

Never really understood why people have to tiptoe around each other, and that probably explains to some degree why I've been married and divorced twice.

Really can't stand the subterfuge of some marriages/relationships. It's soul destroying.
Yep it's supposed to be a partnership not a war zone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.