African safari

Well dont take offence when i say that's a completely uninformed opinion you have based on no knowledge whatsoever as to what actually goes on within a game farm environment and the role outfitters have in animal management and the survival of the species that their business relies on which more often than not means expensive breeding projects that ensures the survival of endangered animals. The percentage of animals shot for sport is minute as its males only, trophy animals that by the nature of their size are right at the end of their natural dominance within the wild and thus would be dead within a short space of time as natural order takes effect and younger bulls take over. No one allows needless kills, no one and its done professionally, ethically and with a view to what is right for that particular animal and or herd at the time. Its also worth bearing in mind that any animal shot on a hunt is then eaten, not wasted apart from a very few species which just dont taste good.

You will also need to have a think because hunting or not, even a photographic safari will no doubt see hunters in the same accommodation as yourself at some point or other and a certain amount of mutual respect for what each wants out of their trip will be needed.

Apologies if i have come across a bit strong there but your suggestion that all hunters themselves should be shot dead got to me a little.
Fair enough mate. I'm still determined to go there more than anywhere else.

Well dont take offence when i say that's a completely uninformed opinion you have based on no knowledge whatsoever as to what actually goes on within a game farm environment and the role outfitters have in animal management and the survival of the species that their business relies on which more often than not means expensive breeding projects that ensures the survival of endangered animals. The percentage of animals shot for sport is minute as its males only, trophy animals that by the nature of their size are right at the end of their natural dominance within the wild and thus would be dead within a short space of time as natural order takes effect and younger bulls take over. No one allows needless kills, no one and its done professionally, ethically and with a view to what is right for that particular animal and or herd at the time. Its also worth bearing in mind that any animal shot on a hunt is then eaten, not wasted apart from a very few species which just dont taste good.

You will also need to have a think because hunting or not, even a photographic safari will no doubt see hunters in the same accommodation as yourself at some point or other and a certain amount of mutual respect for what each wants out of their trip will be needed.

Apologies if i have come across a bit strong there but your suggestion that all hunters themselves should be shot dead got to me a little.

So, instead of letting the animal die naturally, it's ok to jump in and shoot it?

just out curiousity (sp can never spell that word) the sa stands for South Africa?

Yes mate, signed up when i was over there but Heywood lad who married into the family that own the farm i linked to earlier.

Indeed.

You would prefer to kill an animal rather than let it die a natural death for sport.

Where's my clapping gif?

Ive got zero issue with culling an animal in a humane way or allowing someone to pay to do so, no as long as its in the best interests of either the animal or the herd. Have you ever seen an old bull animal that has just been deposed by the next generation and thus thrown out of the herd to basically fend for itself, often with fatal wounds from the fight and will no doubt either die from those or quickly from either starvation or by predator? By the nature of hunting for trophies and i dont expect everyone to like it btw, just understand exactly what goes on, the animal is right at the end of its natural life cycle and invariably wouldn't live past that breeding season anyway.

Yes its a business that makes money off the sport of hunting but believe me, it is not some wild west shootout, its a highly skilled, ethical kill, done with not just money in mind but also the welfare of the animal and the future of the herd it comes from. I've seen countless clients arrive only to be told after an assessment on the range that their shooting skills are not good enough and they wont be allowed to possibly badly injure an animal, thats how ethical and serious outfitters are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.