After school/ Saturday jobs you did as a kid.

Worked a paper round at 13 , 14 , 15 every evening except sundays , MEN. Also worked saturdays at 14 and 15 for a freight company cleaning the yard and wagons. Also delivering sometimes. Hard work but at the time my eyes lit up at the £20 I'd earned every week.A lot of cash to a 14 year old in 1979.

Worked as a paperboy at Varley's on Lloyd Street.
The old git let you buy 5 Park Drive on tic so by the time pay day came I'd spent it all!

Used to go round selling Hot Dogs at Stalybridge Celtic when I was a kid, around 1966.

No pay but all the hot dogs I could eat.

Usually ended up throwing up before half time.....lol!

Like many had an evening paper rnd got about 3.50 a week. Made my money on the milk as a nipper started at 4am finished around 8:30. Asleep in class by 10 bells. Got paid £4 a morning, did 3 a week.

I had the best job ever aged 13 or so.
My pal and i used to knock on the big gate on match days at the Platt lane end where a big burly rozzer would give us a few quid to nip round the corner to the shop and purchase some sweets, teabags, milk etc for the twats. (No change was ever passed back) Then we would go and take our seats in the Platt lane. It was as good as a free season ticket for a couple of seasons , until the miserable twats laid us off, saying we were too old, cunts!

Worked on a farm planting, weeding and picking lettuce, cabbage and celery during summer holidays when I was 15 and 16. 7 weeks of solid 0600 to 1700 with only about 4 Sundays off. The farmers wife used to bring us sarnies and tea from a mini milk churn in enamel mugs. Tea with soil in - great memories. Happy grafting and learned a lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.