Aguero's or Dickov's

On the pitch I would have to go for Dickov I dread to think where we’d be now. Still remember the rags glee when we went to the third tier it was the shittiest time through all the shit times. Somehow we prevailed and are ramming it back at them.
Off the pitch the sale of SWP, according to Wardle or Makin at the time can’t remember which one said it, saved the club from near bankruptcy.

Neither for me. Yaya's goal in the semi at Wembley was the moment we went past the Rags on the pitch.
Until they won the league again in 2013. And two pots last season to our none. We haven’t gone past them until we’ve stamped all over their fucking necks and won title after title. Sadly, in 2012 we could have exerted our authority and simultaneously pushed them further down the pecking order.We went and signed Jack Rodwell.

I work with Paul, so defo biased. I agree without his goal maybe we would still be battling like Newcastle, no investment from shiek mansoor. It was a close thing with him investing in city or newcastle.
Next time paul is in I'll tell him his goal.is up for debate.

Using the Rags as a barometer.

Bobby Manc in his press conference saying "we're gonna tear that banner down"

When Mario asked Camelgob "Is it mine?"....and the following melee that ensued.

and when Bobby Manc did that "you talk to much.....shut up" gesture to the GPC in April 12. Every manager for the previous 2 decades was shit scared of him. Not RM.

For me, City started to stand up for themselves, when Mancini turned up. Had Leslie stayed, we'd have just meandered on.

OP'S question, undoubtedly Agueroooooo

Until they won the league again in 2013. And two pots last season to our none. We haven’t gone past them until we’ve stamped all over their fucking necks and won title after title. Sadly, in 2012 we could have exerted our authority and simultaneously pushed them further down the pecking order.We went and signed Jack Rodwell.

It’ll soon be 6 (SIX) seasons since they last finished above us.

We put out the kids in the league cup and we didn’t even compete in the Johnson’s Paint League that they won because we were too busy playing in the Champions League.

Since Ferguson retired, we’ve literally been in a different league to United.

On the Pitch, Yaya's in the semi against the Rags was a pivotal moment, I think we lost our inferiority complex and realised we were just as good as them if not better.
I concur with this.
The FA Cup, that seems to evade us as of lately, was the first trophy in ages. Yaya goals in both semi and final.
Rags beaten in the semis staging a fire drill at Wembley, and all, scenes of the turning point.

Historical import aside, I know I'm in a group of one, but my favorite City goal is still Adebayor's that created the greatest GIF ever made. A massive "fuck you", and in a pretty important match too. I also love the sixth during 1-6 when Dzeko forgot how many goals we'd scored for a second as he tried to raise his fingers to enumerate them. Macken's header against Spurs too when I fell so in love with club.

16th April 2011. Yaya scores and City win the semi final against Utd. The day I really started to believe we could not only compete with them but we could actually start to beat them to the big pots, on a regular basis.
Since that date I’ve never been bothered about coming up against them in any competition. That’s not to say I think we will always beat them but I don’t fear ritual humiliation from them. In fact, given the way they have set up against us since 2012, that fear seems to come from them, which is priceless!
I completely agree, the argument of one thing further in the past been more of a turning point than something in the present kind of misses the point. You may as well say Rector Arthur Connell or Adam and Eve.

That moment was the moment we became better than them, we were better than them for a short while before but that moment made me, us (and them despite their denials) actually believe it. I know they won a title that year and in 2013 but we were better than them and Fergie knew it, that's why he jumped ship.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.