Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked ferocious today. I'm genuinely impressed. Don't know how he'd look in the CL against a side that would have tested him often, but today he looked pretty classy on the ball.

He's a better passer at CB than LB because he has space and time.

He won a lot of defensive (in the box) headers. Very good all round today

I think Guardiola sees Kolarov as a real option at CB. He did well today and used the ball expertly at times. Question marks still remain about his defensive abilities and pace but the sooner we get all the defensive players back from injury the better.

It gets to me when City fans don't consider our youth players for the 1st team. For instance the idea that Kolarov will be used at centre half. Too much of that and if I was Adarabioyo or Denayer I would be saying I'm off. We would lose 2 brilliant prospects, both of whom are good on the ball. Denayer in particular has seen plenty of 1st team action, some of it at a high level. If Denayer doesn't get used this season I would question whether we have the intention of ever promoting academy players into the 1st team.
If the people that see them day in, day out think they're good enough then they'll play. As fans we see about 5% of what goes on and then shout from the rooftops about stuff we actually know very little about. Tosin is young and Pep has already shown more faith in him than 2 seasoned internationals. It seems he doesn't fancy Denayer.....time will tell.

Make no mistake they were a poor team. He isn't a good enough defender to cope against stronger opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.